Too many files open - IOException (...)

Iván Ávalos5 years ago

Hi, I'm having a problem where the Traccar service suddenly stops after some days, maybe I can find a solution by myself, because I don't think it's a Traccar problem but a configuration problem. I have Traccar installed in two servers and this server is the only one that is giving me this problem. I'll leave this in case anyone could help me.

2019-06-28 18:22:10  WARN: Too many open files - IOException (...)
2019-06-28 18:22:10  WARN: An exceptionCaught() event was fired, and it reached at the tail of the pipeline. It usually means the last handler in the pipeline did not handle the exception. - Too many open files - IOException (...)
Anton Tananaev5 years ago

I would recommend you to search for "Too many open files". It has been discussed countless number of times.

Iván Ávalos5 years ago

Yeah, sorry, that's exactly what I was doing right now. Thanks.

Armstrong5 years ago

Anton, why not add a FAQ on the website ?

Iván Ávalos5 years ago

Please add some message saying "please search for your issue before creating a thread", or something like that, to avoid precisely this situations. I completely forgot to do so, and many people might forget about it as well.

Iván Ávalos5 years ago

Also, I didn't find any solution to my problem, optimisation might not be the key, because the output of the command ulimit is the following:

$ sudo su -c "ulimit -Hn"
$ sudo su -c "ulimit -Sn"

I don't even have any device connected to the platform, the instance is not being used at all (not yet) and I'm using Supervisor to keep the process running. The only temporary solution until now is to restart the process each week.

Iván Ávalos5 years ago

Edit: there are twelve devices connected to this instance and no devices connected to the other one, maybe it's indeed an optimisation problem, according to this thread.

Peter Flower5 years ago

Check my post about that, I had that problem a time ago, that was fixed.