Response to the device - is it possible?

Blejzer9 years ago

Hi,
I have TK103A working for some time now with your server and it works great.
But, as I was playing around with it, I noticed that after I push the SOS button, device starts sending 'help me' messages to the server every 3 minutes. Only way to stop it is to send a sms with 'help me!' words.

Is there a way to send it using Gps103ProtocolDecoder, or any other way?

Thank you!

Blejzer9 years ago

Just to include image of what the translated data looks like:

from the database
Anton Tananaev9 years ago

Yes, it is possible to send acknowledgement from decoder, but I need protocol documentation to know exact format of the message.

Blejzer9 years ago

Link to the number of protocols can be found here: protocols

I believe that the one you are looking for is this one I share on my dropbox:
GPRS Communication Protocol

The document you pointed to indicates that there is "No reply" for the "help me" alarm message.

Blejzer9 years ago

Hm, maybe the document is wrong?
My device uses port 5001 and it says gps103 protocol...

I'll keep searching for documentation and ask supplier in china to send me correct one.
All I know is that I send SMS "help me!" to cancel SOS signals...

Blejzer9 years ago

Also, then, it would be possible to send geo-fencing, and other configuration messages to the device using decoder, correct?

Blejzer9 years ago

Oh, and my device is sending its full IMEI, it is not trimmed like TK102B that I also have that is working on 5002 port (0 + last 11 digits)

It just occured to me:
Would it be helpful if I connect the device to your demo server and push the SOS button?
Could you find out what is the right communication protocol?

I plan to add support for commands in future, but at this point it's possible to send only acknowledgement messages to tracker.

As for the last question, I though you already know that your device uses GPS103 protocol. Or are you talking about some other device? I can tell you the right protocol if you provide a message sample.

Blejzer9 years ago

I am talking about same device.
As you can see from the screenshot, it says protocol gps103...

Server correctly parses all information, as you can see from the screenshot, it send 'acc on' and 'acc off' information as well. It can send number of other information, like door opened etc.

I'm just surprised that there is no response in the documentation for the SOS message.

As you know, TK103 has a response for it (AS01), so I thought this one would have it as well.

OK, once I get response from china, I'll let you know...

Thank you for your time

Blejzer9 years ago

Hi,

This is what I found on gps-trace.com forum:
Stop sending alarm messages (door alarm, acc alarm, power alarm, S.O.S. alarm)
**,imei:999999999999999,E;

Maybe this would work?

Try following version (replace original jar file with this one):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/myt68q5u7fiz49r/tracker-server-jar-with-dependencies.jar?dl=0

Blejzer9 years ago

I'll test this as soon as I can.
From what I see, GPS103 decoder will immediately respond to the Help me and cancel it, correct?

Is there a way to communicate this response from the front end? I know you said you are working on it, but I was wondering if I can test it here since I already have device and everything.

Right now, I have extended the database with table that stores alarm messages, and I can use them as needed (GPS103 sends acc on and acc off, so I can show if the vehicle is on or off), but I was wondering if there is a way to communicate between the front end and the server to send specific responses to the device, like this sos cancel, setting up geofence, engine on or off...

Oh, and if you need any help, I am pretty skilful with java, maybe I can help with certain features.

Regards,

Some people store a flag in database and send command on the next message from device. You can try to implement something similar if you really need it, or just wait till I implement commands properly.