Report summary & route loads slower in one account than other

jaimzj5 years ago

Hello,

I have come across a very strange issue, I tried every bit to troubleshoot however I need some help/guidance to troubleshoot it in the right way.

Issue :
I have 2 user accounts on Traccar Version 4.5 (database MySQL).

Both user account has devices that are of same make/model and protocol including version of firmware and also the configurations on the devices are identical.

• When I select reports summary/route for device in user account X everything loads fast including data of upto 700km (in seconds)
  • However when I select reports summary/route for device in user account Y everything loads pretty slow for data of just 60km (loads almost in a minute or more)
  • Even the loading time for devices with zero distance takes more than 40 seconds sometimes in account Y.

Any guidance on which way I should look to troubleshoot or identify the root cause would be highly appreciated.

Note : Server config and specs are good and can support upto 3000 devices (At the moment only 20 devices are running on this server)

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Compare number of messages.

jaimzj5 years ago

Hi Anton,

I compared the number of messages. And the number of messages for all 20 devices on this server are consistent with each other. (the slow account does not have excess messages)

One thing I observed is that when I monitor the web api queries and its responses (in some cases the response for the query returned is blank as well). However this has been observed only in the initial 2 or 3 queries. (if we repeatedly do queries, then it returns data but still slow)

I ran route report and sharing the findings below. including number of messages, distance and time taken to load data. In-case you might have some insight for me on which way to look.

Thanking you in advance.

Slow Account - (load time 55 seconds) (Messages 1100) - Distance 55 Km

Fast Account - (Load time 13 seconds) (Messages 11821) - Distance 998 Km

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

It could also depend on the database. Have you check how long queries take for both reports?