ARCGIS Rest

ilevans5 years ago

Hi Anton,
I really like the new ARCGIS REST Custom Map-Layer in V4.6, thank you.
Is there a way to enable grater magnification? I am using the local council's mapping layer and it would be very useful to be able in zoom in further.
I am using it to monitor out Rural Fire Brigade Fire Appliances while on the fire ground and this would be of great advantage.
Regards,
Ian Evans

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

You can configure web.maxZoom attribute.

ilevans5 years ago

Thanks Anton,
Unfortunately the attribute will not allow greater than 18.
Can this be overridden somehow?
Regards, Ian

You can try to set to higher number via API.

ilevans5 years ago

Thanks Anton,
I will looking into how to use the APIs and see if I can change it that way.
Regards, Ian

Turbovix5 years ago

You may be able to change the maximum value here:

https://github.com/traccar/traccar-web/blob/62db06b85439b21a7851016f3e9c17f0abfe7185/web/app/Style.js

mapMaxZoom: 18,

I remember making this change and it was successful at the time, however I don't remember if it was exactly in Style.js!

We should probably allow attribute to be higher, but not the default value.

Turbovix5 years ago

Exactly, I believe he knows that!

ilevans5 years ago

I have achieved a result by editing the database directly and changing the web.maxZoom attribute from 18 to 22. That saved me having to work out how to use the API's.

Interestingly a Computer Browser stops at 20 which I believe is the maximum resolution for the Map-Layer, but the Traccar Manager Android App zooms in the extra two levels by enlarging the images. Interesting how the various clients act.

Thank you for your the assistance.

ilevans5 years ago

No, I was mistaken and they both act the same, zooming in from level 20 to level 22 enlarging the tile images. I was using two different accounts with one with a maxZoom of 20 and the other 22.

Great result though. Thanks again.