Update traccar 4.5 to 4.6

Foxchip5 years ago

Hello,

it is my first update and I don't understant how to update without lost of my device
I try this (I see the documentation to update but I think I don't understant something because with update, I lost all my device and account)

• Stop service
  • Uninstall traccar (I save my config file conf/traccar.xml)
  • install the file traccar.run
    -copy again conf/traccar.xml

What is wrong?

Thanks for your reply

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

What database are you using?

Foxchip5 years ago

default version

Anton Tananaev5 years ago
  1. You probably start using a fully featured database like MySQL.
  2. If you are using H2, you need to copy database files.
Foxchip5 years ago

ok thanks

victory5 years ago

I had the same issues, I did follow the processes you listed.
I am using Mysql database, did a back using Mysqldump and created a backup file and named it traccar.sql.
After re-installation of traccar 4.6 and copying the content of traccar.sql to traccar which took almost 10 minutes
to finish copying, I still lost all my devises.

This was the process of backing up my database, pls check if there is something wrong

1. created a mysqldump folder
  2. cd mysqldump
  3. using mysqldump to backup i.e. mysqldump –u root –h localhost –p traccar > traccar.sql
    To restore
  4. using mysql from mysqldump folder i.e. mysql –u root –h localhost –p traccar < traccar.sql

Is there anything else I can do as regards on how to restore my traccar database?

Thanks

Tomek5 years ago

I've the same problem with mysql ....but I lost users , devices and more . Someone help ?

Matyi Szabolcs5 years ago

The update went well! It was not a problem! I'm using the default database. I just copied it back with the config files and I'm done. My devices are preserved, users, etc. Super!

Oluwatobi5 years ago

Dear Anton, Nice job on the support so far.

I am thinking of updating my software from 4.5 to 4.6. Please can you guide me on the steps to achieve this without loosing any of my files, most especially user, Groups, Devices and history.

I am using SQL database, and i am running a virtual Ubuntu server.

I look forward your timely support.

Thanks
RT