Issue with Favicon.ico

Omar Asim5 years ago

Hi There,

I have recently replaced favicon.ico with my icon. I have named it the same and saved it in web folder, I'm running it through localhost:8082/favicon.ico so it appears but if i do run the main web interface with localhost:8082, this seems to not change and stays with the traccar one. What can be the issue and how can i resolve it.

Cristian5 years ago

Did you clear the browser history?

webo5 years ago

Try setting debug mode to true in the configuration file and then modifying the lines that load scripts in the web/debug.html file to match those in the release.html

I had a similar issue and that did the trick for me without slowing down the page load since it downloads the minified scripts just like the non-debug mode did.

Omar Asim5 years ago

Hi Cristian & Webo,

Cristian, yes I have tried clearing history and cache both and restarting the service but still the favicon doesnt changes.

Webo, Do you want me to do the entry for the debug mode in traccar.xml file or default.xml file as I have tried adding the entry in traccar.xml file and making the value as true but still I cannot see any change.

Is it possible for you to do so through remote desktop if I give you the access ?

webo5 years ago

Hello Omar,

Define in in your traccar.xml file as it is for all of your environment-specific configurations.

Once you've set it to debug, Be sure to clear the cache and cookies (try using Incognito mode in Chrome or Private browser mode in Firefox)

You can also try accessing the favicon directly using <url to your server>/favicon.ico and see which icon it returns.

Omar Asim5 years ago

Hi Webo,

I added the line <entry key='web.debug'>true</entry> in my traccar.xml file and cleared all the caches/cookies and tried to run the page over incognito mode but still the favicon doesn't change.

I checked through writing on the url localhost:8028/favicon.ico, it shows the favicon that I have replaced the old one with so I'm sure it is there in the write place but due to some issue it is not showing up on the interface.

AlexG13 days ago

Hello, i add Favicon at web works ok at pc version.
but for mobiles it still shows the traccar Favicon.
I clear cache trying also from other browsers it's same.
It's different code for mobile version?

Anton Tananaev13 days ago

It probably means you haven't uploaded all the required icons.

AlexG13 days ago

i upload them all the below:

apple-touch-icon-180x180.png - app icon for Apple devices 180x180
favicon.ico - standard favicon
logo.svg - main logo in vector SVG format
maskable-icon-512x512.png - maskable progressive app icon 512x512
pwa-192x192.png - progressive app icon 192x192
pwa-512x512.png - progressive app icon 512x512
pwa-64x64.png - progressive app icon 64x64

with same names and dimensions asks.

Which versions of Traccar are you using?

AlexG13 days ago

Have you cleared the cache? Have you checked that all those files are working?

AlexG13 days ago

yes cache cleared.trying also as icognito to open it. and yes i tried url/imagefiles and open correctly.
maybe need some time to recognized and cache its to isp or something? :/

AlexG13 days ago

i just found the below, i dont know if can cause some issue or how to resolve it :(

when going https://domain.com/logo.svg its empty white page and not loading.

if i go https://ip/logo.svg, then the photo apears.

but generally with logo and favicons at webpc i dont have issues with domain.com

How did you clear the cache?