issue with geocoded config

Andreas Kern5 years ago

Hello Traccar developer team,
it is my first posting here on this forum and i want to gratulate for such a good work around the traccar project and say thank you!

I set up a traccar server v.4.6 on my web server with ubuntu 18.04, MariaSQL db and it runs well for one month now and i have got 4 connected devices.

Today i received the bill by locationiQ for the reverse geocoded api use and it showed me that i had about 30000 requests. That is quiet to much and unnecessary.
So this morning i studied the documentation again and searched in the forum.
I found out that is possible to config the amount of requests by editing the traccar.xml.

I tried followin config snippet for locationIQ

<entry key='geocoder.enable'>true</entry>
<entry key='geocoder.type'>nominatim</entry>
<entry key='geocoder.key'>my token ID</entry>

<entry Key='geocoder.reuseDistance'>30</entry>
<entry Key='geocoder.onRequest'>true</entry>
<entry Key='geocoder.ignorePositions'>true</entry>

I stoped the traccar service, edited new traccar.xml to my server and started the server again.

When i tried to invoke my internet page, i only got an error message:
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

When i deleted the last 3 lines of the above shown snippet and updated my traccar.xml, everything worked fine again.
I also searched in the log-file, but nothing about an error or warning was written.

Can you tell me how to configure it right, that only a reverse geocode request is made by a stop?

With best regards from Germany

Andreas Kern

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Try to run Traccar manually and see if you get an error in the console.

Andreas Kern5 years ago

Hello Anton,

thank you for your response.

The mistake was in my code. I wrote the "Key" instead of "key".
When i changed the capital K into k then the server runs as it should run.

The treat can be marked as solved.

With best regard!

Andreas Kern