Fuel Sensor (Any protocol supported)

jaimzj9 years ago

Dear Anton,

Is there any protocol implemented on Traccar, that supports (fuel sensors) or fuel level monitoring.

Regards,
James

aspero9 years ago

Hi,

I think that you need a sensor connected to the device (https://www.traccar.org/devices/). And it's the device that sends data with it's own protocol. The sensor itself doesn't have a protocol to communicate with traccar (though it has a protocol to communicate with the device that is able to connect to traccar).
Another way is to read fuel level from CAN bus, but again - it's the device that connects to traccar server, not CAN bus itself.

So you need:
sensor > device > traccar
OR
CAN bus > device > traccar

Please notice (if I'm correct) that fuel level data is stored in the database but traccar doesn't allow to analyze nor plot data (yet).

Regards,
Bartek.

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

Following protocols support fuel reporting:

• Mta6
  • Jt600
  • Intellitrac
  • Meitrack
  • Noran
  • Tytan
  • Stl060
  • Xt7

Possibly more through ADC field.

darshak97 years ago

We are developing our software for fuel monitoring and would appreciate your help on logic to smoothering of raw fuel data. How can this be done, please help us.

Smoothering meaning - the device sends us raw fuel data which keeps fluctuating. How do we make it smooth so it gives better reading for analysis.

are there difference between analog & digital fuel voltages sent. On some teltonika devices they have the option to send fuel reading in analog and digital what is the difference between these.

Thanking you,
George Mathew.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Removing fluctuations should be done on the device side because it has much more data points. It doesn't make much sense to do it on the server.

Could you please provide a link to devices that use these protocols as im struggling to find any devices that support this protocol.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Click "Devices" in the menu at the top of the page.

apologies i had a blond moment :) I would also like to find out if the Gt6000 or GT4000 with JT600 protocol will allow for fuel consumption to be reported to the traccar sofware?

You would need to contact device vendor to clarify that.

The device has those features in it and are using the JT600 protocol but i dont see the protocol in the list above for the fuel monitoring option so was wondering if traccar supports those features with the JT600 protocol?

Are you sure you don't see it in the list? Because I do...

Again apologies i clearly didn't have enough sleep last night thank you for your help and patience.

darshak96 years ago

hi,
does any one use omnicomm sensors and any idea on how to get the algorithm to calculate fuel levels accurately?
Thanks,
George Mathew.

Peter Jombík5 years ago

can i see fuel level with mt600 plus gps?

Thanikaivel2 months ago

Booking Request Management:
● User-friendly interface for creating and managing booking requests.
● Information capture: purpose of the trip, number of passengers, date and time, destination, etc.
● Ability to attach additional notes or special requests.

---------- It is available for traccar application