Traccar UI lists break after certain threshold, probable reason of API issues

Michał Piasecki5 years ago

Today we reached user ID count above 1024 users and the list stopped to sort by ID, the order is now random. We experienced the same issue with devices long time ago, it's highly possible it started on 1024 device IDs as well, though I can't prove it. Mild inconvenience at best.

We immediately realized our user creating application stopped working correctly. All our users have incremental names. Until now I downloaded the entire user list and used regular expression to find the newest user name and it worked flawlessly (I realize it's not very optimal) - as soon as 1024 user IDs was reached the newest user could no longer be found.

I had this issue with devices before. Basically if I requested the device list it had very low chance of success, most of the time the API didn't pass the desired device. Strangely enough if I entered the API address in my browser, said device was on the list. Just created devices had no issue with API request less than a second after, only those that were stored on the list for some time.

The problem could probably be alleviated by adding API pagination, however I realize that might not be very high on potential feature list. For now I'll probably have to create a new server.

I didn't write on Github because I'm not 100% sure it's actually Traccar problem. Hopefully somebody encountered this and it's possible to fix this with better system config.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Are you using official version without any modifications?

Yes, sorry I didn't mention - it's the official Traccar 4.5 with no changes made apart from some CSS edits.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Then it's likely ExtJS framework issue.

Anything I can do about this?
I understand it's likely not the reason for API breaking, even though the issues started as soon as the lists broke?