Google Geocoding Help

bkraul4 years ago

I have a traccar docker setup using the traccar/traccar:latest image. I have set everything according to guides. Once I got all the main issues out of the way (websockets, database connection, etc), I looked into the geocoder functionality. I went ahead and got a google API key for geocoding. I then added the following keys to my traccar.xml file:

<!-- Geocoding -->
  <entry key='geocoder.enable'>true</entry>
  <entry key='geocoder.onRequest'>true</entry>
  <entry key='geocoder.ignorePositions'>true</entry>
  <entry key='geocoder.reuseDistance'>200</entry>
  <entry key='filter.enable'>true</entry>
  <entry key='filter.skipLimit'>25</entry>
  <entry key='filter.duplicate'>true</entry>
  <entry key='filter.distance'>10</entry>
  <entry key='filter.maxSpeed'>1000</entry>
  <entry key='filter.zero'>true</entry>
  <entry key='geocoder.type'>google</entry>
  <entry key='geocoder.key'>MyKey</entry>

However, I am still not getting address information. Google API is reporting the API is getting called. The developer console tells me that no content is returned:

I am new to traccar, so I ask you to please bear with me.

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

What's the HTTP response code?

bkraul4 years ago

204 (sorry, I see that it got cut off from the shot)

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

It means no content, which probably means that Google hasn't returned anything for your location.

bkraul4 years ago

Yeah that's odd...if I run a direct geocoder URL to google using the longitude and latitude that traccar is reporting, I get the data.

Edilon Carvalho 4 years ago

I saved the parameters for geolocation by Locationiq in map 4.6 but it shows in log:

WARN: Geocoding failed - Received fatal alert: handshake_failure - SSLHandshakeException (...)

The key is correct

bkraul4 years ago

I can't see any log so I can' tell for sure. But I know for a fact google geocode is returning something. (outside of traccar), which would align with what you are saying.