Improve the teltonika protocol decoder

Lukasz5 years ago

Hi Anton,
Thank you for Traccar!

Do you plan to improve the teltonika protocol decoder?
Unfortunately, not everything is well decoded, e.g.

Io134 is TripDistandce (LVCAN)
Io238 is User ID
Io237 is NetworType

Here everything is described:
https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/FMB_AVL_ID

Lukasz

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Discussed this many times. If you can provide that those IO ids are the same for all devices, we can add more.

Lukasz5 years ago

Many of them are identical for all teltonics devices (with the latest firmware) - under the link all explained (column HW Support)

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Devices with the latest firmware is not the same as all devices.

Lukasz5 years ago

Yes, I know.
Please look at the link that I sent you there is information about device models. for example:
Ignition is Io239 in devices: FMB001, FMB010, FMB100, FMB110, FMB120, FMB122, FMB125, FMB900, FMB920, FMB962, FMB964, FM3001, FM3010

When writing about the firmware, I meant that it could have been different in the past. Now teltonika systematized it.

Lukasz5 years ago

I checked, you're actually right - there are models that are not in this list. e.g. FM6320

Peter Flower5 years ago

Hi Lukaz, did you do some change in Teltonika decoder? I have done some changes.

Fay4 years ago

Hello guys,
I'm planing to by Teltonika devices. Is it well integrated with Traccar? If not, what would I miss? I am not technical so I don't want to by it and find out that it's not compatible with Traccar.
Thanks for the advice.

Andrea4 years ago

I'm interested in this too!

James4 years ago

Are there any plans to integrate the Teltonika "beacons" into traccar? I'm happy to help contribute if I can, but didn't want to duplicate work if not necessary.

More info on the extension to the protocol here: https://teltonika-gps.com/downloads/en/blue-coin-t/Sensor-and-Beacon-testing-instructions-v1.2.pdf

Aaron Bach4 years ago

@jamesMcBride I'm also very interested in the integration of teltonika codec-8-extended and the support for BLE-beacons. Did you get something to work, or can I help. Lets collaborate.

James4 years ago

I haven't yet - I've just started playing with the BLE devices and getting them working with the tackers themselves.

From what I can work out the sensors (temp, mov, etc) send AVL IO's

Gaston Lieutier4 years ago

@jamesmcbride.... We are also interested in the integration of BLE devices (ie Temp, Mov, etc).. Any progress? Thanks much!

James4 years ago

Actually after much investigation and fiddling about i realised it just works out of the box

Gaston Lieutier4 years ago

Really... awesome ?! Today, after a lot of problems trying to enable the the Temp and Mov coins with an NFC phone and the ELA app, I managed to connect both to an FMB120, but have not yet send anything to Traccar or read about how to parse the payload. If you have any shortcuts/suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!