Wrong Locations Traccar

Good morning I installed Traccar-Server and configured the trackers, but it is showing me wrong locations of the vehicles, someone knows how to inform me if I have to modify any configuration file for it to display the locations correctly dashed by the roads without going over houses, I thank you now.

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Are you asking for snap-to-road feature? It's not available.

Leif Neland4 years ago

An option would be to assume the car followed the route google map suggests between each point. But that would cost a lot of requests too google, too expensive in CO2...

Most people would just know that car follows roads, not go over houses, and understand the limitations of current software.

I'm using a mapp layer but the path of my car does not follow the strena and sometimes appears somewhere that the car was not even, understand? the route coordinates don't match the actual path, I wonder if there's any configuration in the traccar to fix this.

Leif Neland4 years ago

strena = street?

Is it random offset, or a fixed distance from the real location?

Random, yes, strena= Street, sorry about my english i dont speek good

Leif Neland4 years ago

You didn't answer the second question either ;-)

is a random offet.
Some people told me that the problem could be with traccar's geo addresser, do you know if that could be it, but where can I solve it?

Not sure who told you that, but geocoding has nothing to do with location on map.

so what may be causing this displacement in the location of vehicles on the map, they do not follow the roads the routes pass over everything and sometimes appear in places that vehicles have not even been, I accept any idea, do not know what else to try to concert this : (

You are not very specific. What is the error? If it's within 100 meters, it can be a standard GPS error.

are not only 100 meters, literally when I go to see the route that the car made during the day they do not follow roads or anything are going to one side and to another sometimes it appears that the car passed through another city when it didn't even get out of what's , as if the system were misinterpreting the coordinates or the tracker was sending the wrong coordinates, but I have already tested with 1 tracker and the Traccar application, the same way the two appear in the same way, in places that the vehicles have not been sometimes and never follow the roads, sometimes passing up over buildings

You have to investigate each specific case separately and look at the raw data. So far you haven't provided anything specific.

ok, where can I see if the traccar is giving any errors when picking up the tracker data or wondering if it's interpreting the wrong data on the front end part? Is there any way to see that? Do logs appear?

Traccar Routes
Upstairs is the link with the image of how the routes are