Default Server Protocol/Port

Philip Hill4 years ago

If the Traccar device does NOT specify a port, does the server assume that it's the Traccar Client app and default to port 5055 and osmand protocol. If so, is there a way to change this because I have device sending data to my Traccar Server via a HTTPS websocket and it appears as if a default is set and I'd like to confirm and change if possible.

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

What is "Traccar device"? We don't have any devices.

Philip Hill4 years ago

Wow, thanks for the quick response. :) As a test, I tried to send data from OwnTracks client and configured the server to port 5144 and added the following to the server: <entry key='owntracks.port'>5144</entry>.

My plan is to purchase the Mictrack MP-90 OBD Tracker, but I wanted to make sure this was doable before I invested too much time if the server has a default that can't be changed.

Philip Hill4 years ago

Oh, I can send data to the server via the web socket using the official client app and it works flawlessly; however, if I send data from the own tracks client it doesn't work.

Traccar Client doesn't use web socket. It uses regular HTTP requests.

As for OwnTracks, you should probably follow troubleshooting guide to find out why it doesn't work.

Philip Hill4 years ago

I misspoke when I said web socket and meant to type web hook. I'm also not asking you to troubleshoot OwnTracks. I apologize for saying a "traccar device" and "web socket" and would just like to know if the server uses a default protocol and port if one is not given.

What is default? There are default ports in Traccar for each protocol, but they won't necessarily match to the default ports in devices.

Leif Neland4 years ago

Sorry for posting here, but: I can not write new posts, only reply to existing. I get a blank page with nothing but "Too many requests"

Am I being blacklisted?

The issue should be fixed now.

trackinguser4454 years ago

yes you can change the default port-did you have success? Did you need a example?

Philip Hill4 years ago

@trackinguser445 Thanks for the response and yes an example would be very helpful!