Geocoding warning but I'm not using Google maps.

Mat4 years ago

Please bear with me as I'm still fairly green at all this:

When looking at my server-tracker.logs I keep seeing this message display every few seconds:
**WARN: Geocoding failed - Empty address. Error: You must use an API key to authenticate each request to Google Maps Platform APIs. For additional information, please refer to http://g.co/dev/maps-no-account - GeocoderException (JsonGeocoder:69 < *:31 < :97 < :94 < ...)

and if I click on "Show Address" nothing (not even any errors) happens on the webpage however the logs instantly displays the message:
WARN: Empty address. Error: You must use an API key to authenticate.....

Which to me seems to be Google saying I need to use an API key however I'm using OpenMaps and have Geocoder set to false in Traccar.xml as follows:

geocoder.enable'>false
    geocoder.type'>google

What am I missing?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

The fact that you get this error means that you have Google geocoder enabled and you haven't provided a key.

Anders Yuran4 years ago

But it set to false? So he must erase the lines?

Mat4 years ago

Thanks chaps, yes it's set to false.

@Anders, Which lines should I remove?

Mat4 years ago

I've removed:

geocoder.enable'>false
geocoder.type'>google

But still getting this message. No custom maps are set, server is set as Open Streetmaps and all users are using server default.

I was previously testing with Google maps but deleted the https://mt0.google.com/vt/lyrs=m&hl=en&x=%7Bx%7D&y=%7By%7D&z=%7Bz%7D&s=Ga link from the custom map section on the server settings. Is this perhaps still saved somewhere and I need to delete it elsewhere?

Mat4 years ago

Thanks for your help,

I fixed it by adding:

entry key='geocoder.key'>MY OWN KEY</entry
entry key='geocoder.onRequest'>true</entry
entry key='geocoder.ignorePositions'>true</entry

Address now working and no nasty messages in logs.

I was getting confused between the Address and Maps API request.