Default Start Up Map Location

Rabi Gurung4 years ago

Hello,

When I launch the Traccar webpage, it shows the map of Europe by default.
I have to manually click my Device so that it shows my Device on the map.
I only have one device.
How do show my Device location (on the map) when I first launch the webpage (by default)?

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Check user and server settings for default location.

Rabi Gurung4 years ago

I tried entering the latitude and longitude on both the Server and User Setting, and the map shows the position of the entered latitude and longitude on the map but not the device location.
Am I doing something wrong?

You should not be entering location there.

Rabi Gurung4 years ago

I when through the setting in Server and User and there is nothing that says Default Location.
Is it call POI Layer?

It's just called Latitude and Longitude in the settings.

Rabi Gurung4 years ago

My current values for Latitude and Longitude is zero.
And it show Paris in the map. If I put any value in the Latitude and Longitude, the map shows the location of the Latitude and Longitude I had entered.
It is not showing the location of my Device.
I even tried -1 for both Latitude and Longitude and it show somewhere in the ocean.

If you put empty or zeroes, it should show center on the device, assuming you are using a recent official version of Traccar.

Rabi Gurung4 years ago

I tried putting empty and zeroes in the Latitude and Longitude in Setting->Server and to all user account, but when I refresh (pressing F5), the map does not center to my device.

Any thoughts?

Rabi Gurung4 years ago

If I put some numbers in the Latitude and Longitude in Setting->Server, the map shows the right location.
After a few test, Latitude and Longitude of 0 and 0 is somewhere in Europe. Kinda a strange, Latitude and Longitude of 0,0 should be south west of Gulf of Guinea?
My Traccar version is 4.8.

Do you have a login I can take a look?

Rabi Gurung4 years ago

For sure.
Can I send you the login?

Yes.

Rabi Gurung4 years ago

Can I send you the login in a more secure way? Maybe via email or some other way besides this forum.

You can send an email to the support address.