Follow behavior and WebShockets

Fernando Ejarque4 years ago

Hi Anton,

I have seen that the behavior of "follow", when a device is moving, for each position, first the map is centered in the last position and then, the device moves to the new point on the map. So, if a new positiĆ³n is not received, the device is not centered again on the map.

Is it possible change this behavior of "follow", instead of be center->move;center->move be move->center;move->center?

I can guess that the way its works are related with the way that information is sent by the server to the web client throw WebSocket. Because throw WebSocket, on each position, it sends a "devices" messange with the status of the device before the position and then, it sends a "positions" message with the new position. is it correct?

If my supposition is right, is it possible to force the server to send trow WebSoket a "devices" message after a "positions" message to get the status of the device after the movement?

Many thanks!

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

I don't really understand the issue. We only centering based on position data. Device messages have nothing to do with it. Please provide a video of the problem.

Sorry for my bad explanation, it is not a problem I think it's like Traccar is programmed. But, for what I need Traccar, I need that the behavior of "follow" feature works for each position as move->center;move->center instead center->move;center->move.

I ask this because the device that I am testing sends its position at very large time intervals and with large distance differences between each point. So, with the zoom level that I need, every time that the position changes, the web client center the device's marker in the map and then the marker moves outside the map view to the position (with this new fancy animation added at 4.6) and I can't see it in the map. With a new position, Traccar center again the marker but it moves again to outside the map view to this new position because it is far away from the area covered by the zoom level of the map view. As a result, I only can see the device marker a few seconds every time that a new position comes.

This is why I am asking if is it possible to change this and where.

Thanks,

Do you have a video?

I don't have a video yet, but I do it as soon as I can

Hi Anton,
Here is a video with the differences between two Traccar versions of how the "follow" option is working. I have simulated the same track in these two versions.

https://monymed-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/fernando_ejarque_mome_es/ERFpFQqK42dNrtWAUv529A4Bj5y3ctOye8hoAppbRtgx3A?e=u4ZjeA

The first one, on each position received, Tracca moves the marker on the map and then, it center the map view on the marker. In the second one, Traccar first center the map view on the marker and then it moves the marker to the position received.

Imagine that in the second case, the position update rate received by Traccar is 5 minutes instead of the 4 seconds configured in the test for the video. As I explained in my previous post and you can see in the video, you only will see the marker moving outside the map but not center on it.

What would be desirable is that Traccar center the map on the marker after moving it as it was done before. Is it possible to do it?

Your link requires login.

Hi Anton,

Here the link without login request http://mome.es/pub/Download/Traccar.mp4

Regards,

Edilon Carvalho 4 years ago

Was this resolved in traccar 4.8?
The map does not follow the vehicle, I am using version 4.7

It occurs exactly as in the video. Is there any solution for this? Help me

rc3 years ago

The same thing is happening to me in version 4.12.

Any way to fix it?

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

We have fixed the issue. Wait for next release or build a version from master.