location error in real time

Good morning, know how to excuse ignorance, I am not very trained in programming. The query is this, the devices that I have configured on the platform, instead of going down the street on the map, go down the sidewalk, as well as when a query is made about the routes, lines appear cutting the square in half. How could I correct that? the devices are configured to send packets every 10 seconds. thanks!!!

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Not sure what you want to fix. GPS location has error, so obviously the line won't exactly follow the road. If you are asking for snap to road feature, it's not supported.

Thanks Anton for your prompt response. My problem is that when I make a report of speeding, the markers appear in the middle of the block, as if the car had crossed through the middle of the houses, does that have a solution?

And incidentally I consult you, I am receiving this error continuously, can you tell me what it is?:

2020-04-16 16:31:44  INFO: [b901bf0e: h02 < 181.9.169.43] HEX: 24917116310316314016042032295484050581465532009259fffffbff000953c80000000002d22203260016c7
2020-04-16 16:31:44  WARN: Geocoding failed - Received fatal alert: handshake_failure - SSLHandshakeException (...)
Anders Yuran4 years ago

I dont know what device you use but the more often the position is sent the more likely it will follow the road. The rout is always drawn between to reported positions. If they are far between the rout will be a straight line between them. The satellite is not aware of the map, only the position.

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

For the original issue the is no solution. You can try more accurate devices or higher reporting intervals.

As for the second issue, please use search.

As allways, Anton thank you very much. my devices are configured to send location every ten seconds and thats the lowest frequency time allowed acording to users manual, i'll restart factory settings and starts from cero the configuration. for the second issue, i don't undestand what i have to do? i'll search and found a solution, but doesn't said where i have to chage the line, i'll investigate more. by the way i am using Ubuntu server 16.04, 64 bits. thanks Anton and Anders Yuran.

Daniel4 years ago