Recommended server hosting infrastructure for 20 devices - Help

Adams4 years ago

First let me thank the team at traccar for such a wonderful solution.I have managed to run traccar server on AWS free tier instance just to test and understand the features and configurations of the system.
I have a few questions I would love help with :-
-How do we configure a detach event such that if someone detaches the device we get a notification.
-How do we detect moving devices (devices in motion)
-How do we convert knots to km/h.
-What is the recommended VPS server size for 20 Devices on production.
-What about the recommended Mysql infrastructure for the same number of devices.
-Any other recommendations that can increase the performance of the application.
I will be honest there is the option of paying for support but we are so cash tight currently we can't afford it.
Please Help

James4 years ago

-How do we configure a detach event such that if someone detaches the device we get a notification.

• Partly depends on the trackers you're using, I use Teltonika, which give an "unplug" event for obd devices for example. Other devices I setup a computed attribute which detects the "power" going below 1v:
    `power < 1 ? "powerCut" : null

-How do we detect moving devices (devices in motion)

• You should be able to use the "notification" deviceMoving for this

-How do we convert knots to km/h.

• you can set the server level units in settings --> Server --> attributes --> speed unit

Out of interest, where are you based? would you be interested in a shared server or dedicated server on a shared infrastructure?

Adams4 years ago

Thank you for your reply.
I am using chinese made clones,when I click on 'check computed attributes' on the device after pasting the command you have written above I get 'Invalid parameters or constraints violation' is there something am missing .....?
On detecting movement I woud wish to have a notfication on my server so that I could use a different UI to draw movement on map..how can I achieve this...?
About setting speed attributes I have managed to set up...Thank you.
I would be interested in dedicated server on shared infrastructure....I am in Eastern region of Africa.
Thanks.

James4 years ago

I'm in the UK, but would be happy to setup and host. Drop me an email is easiest - [removed]

Adams4 years ago

Done

James4 years ago

Nothing received, I guess private messaging isn’t allowed. You might find me on Facebook / Twitter / vigitech UK etc

Adams4 years ago

My email is [removed] drop me a mail

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Please don't share contact details. Forum is for sharing the solutions.