Traccar Accessing Remote Database

Rabi Gurung4 years ago

My database resides on a server from GoDaddy and my Internet service provider is Shaw. And I have Traccar installed in my laptop.
When I try to start the Traccar service, I get the following error message. See tracker-server.log file belowbelow.
I recognize that the problem is with user credentials as my GoDaddy has an account called abcUser1 but Traccar is trying to login with username abcUser1@S01060018f8ed1a93.cg.shawcable.net

Any idea what is wrong here?

Btw I am using Traccar Version 4.6.

2020-01-09 23:05:43  INFO: HikariPool-1 - Starting...
2020-01-09 23:05:48 ERROR: HikariPool-1 - Exception during pool initialization. - Access denied for user 'kraken1'@'S01060018f8ed1a93.cg.shawcable.net' (using password: YES) - CJException (... < DataManager:139 < *:89 < Context:292 < Main:110 < ...)
2020-01-09 23:05:48 ERROR: Main method error - Access denied for user 'abcUser1'@'S01060018f8ed1a93.cg.shawcable.net' (using password: YES) - CJException (... < DataManager:139 < *:89 < Context:292 < Main:110 < ...)

This is my traccar.xml file content

<entry key='database.driver'>com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver</entry>
    <entry key='database.url'>jdbc:mysql://www.xybernetics.com:3306/trackertest?serverTimezone=MST&amp;useSSL=false&amp;allowMultiQueries=true&amp;autoReconnect=true&amp;useUnicode=yes&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8&amp;sessionVariables=sql_mode=''</entry>
    <entry key='database.user'>abcUser1</entry> 
    <entry key='database.password'>12345678/entry>
Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Most likely MySQL is not configured to allow your user remote access. This error message comes directly from the database driver:

Access denied for user 'abcUser1'@'S01060018f8ed1a93.cg.shawcable.net' (using password: YES)
Rabi Gurung4 years ago

Configured the Remote Access and it worked like a charm.
Thanks.

JJ Anderson4 years ago

Hi,

I am having the same error.

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - CJException (... < DataManager:139 < *:89 < Context:292 < Main:110 < ...)

I am using DiData cloud but everything is running on the same VM.

I have also set the bind address of the MySQL server to 0.0.0.0 (essentially allowing remote connections) as well as then commenting out the whole bind address line but still nothing...

Any ideas?

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

The error is pretty clear. You need to fix user permissions.

Castillo4 years ago

Same error, and fixed following the official MariaDB documentation to Remote Client Access

Edit this file:
sudo nano /etc/mysql/my.cnf

Commenting this

[mysqld]
    #skip-networking
    #bind-address = <some ip-address>

And adding at the bottom of the file this:

[mysqld]
skip-networking=0
skip-bind-address