CPU 99-100% when starting traccar

kyrrin4 years ago

Good day,

New user to traccar. The setup: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, current Java version as of 25-Jul-2020, Traccar 4.9.

The problems: Twofold. First, the traccar service does not start when starting Windows. Second, I can manually start the service, BUT ... When I do, a 'java.exe' process starts up which eats CPU time like there's no tomorrow. Usage jumps up violently to between 99 and 100%, and the only way I can get it under control is to kill the java.exe process.

So -- Something's clearly broken, though I have no idea what. Can anyone advise?

Thanks much.

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

You would have to investigate it more. Check system logs, Traccar logs, try different Java. So far you haven't provided any information that can tell us what's going on.

hairydog4 years ago

Could it be pruning the database at startup? What happens if you leave it running for half an hour?

kyrrin4 years ago

Thanks for the responses, but the question has been rendered academic. I decided, for multiple reasons, to host the server package on one of my Linux boxes instead. It worked perfectly the first time around, no hassles at all.

The only thing I'm waiting for now is a newer tracking transmitter for the car (the one I had stopped responding to its serial port, so I couldn't change its programming to match the new server).

Be well, stay safe!