Problems with time zone

Vic5 years ago

I'm using a couple of WeTrack Lite (GV25) devices on traccar server. Everything works fine except the time setting. I'm in Germany so my time zone is GMT+1. I have set that in traccar server in user settings>properties and in the GPS devices as well. However all my devices show totally different times.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

You should configure your devices to report UTC time.

Vic5 years ago

I did, still the same. 21 devices, 21 different time's.

If your devices send UTC time and you haven't changed anything in the settings, you should be getting correct time. If not, then one of those statements is incorrect.

Vic5 years ago

I have set Time Zone to "Europe/Berlin" in user account settings. I compared server-log time's of devices with the time shown in traccar web interface: both show exactly the same time. So there's no time conversion happening.

Of course that means, the main problem is that most of my devices are not updating their time correctly, however the traccar web interface should show all times with an offset of one hour.

That's not how it works. Settings only affect reports and notifications.

Vic5 years ago

hm, what is the sense to show the user a different time as the time zone he currently is in?

We don't.

Murthy Varanasi4 years ago

i tried setting server time zone to asia/kolkatta but my log and portal report only GST can you help

Sgi3 years ago

hello.. reports and notifications do not match the actual time.. how do I set the time to match? please

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

You can set it in user or server attributes, as people mentioned above.

Sgi3 years ago

Not change..

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

It probably means you did it wrong.