Configure gt06.timezone

viacom12347 years ago

So recap below on what worked. This should be added to GT06 device notes! This was super confusing.

Command to fix timezone vs SMS: GMT,E,0,0# (for EST)

Remove and add device in traccar to get rid of time "in future".

Add in traccar config files:

<entry key='filter.enable'>true</entry>
<entry key='filter.invalid'>true</entry>
<entry key='filter.zero'>true</entry>

Reset traccar service

Other notes:

Device updates heartbeat every 5 minutes when not moving. Heartbeats have 0,0 coordinates for GPS

Once the first position is detected during move, it will show on traccar map and will update position only during physical movement of GPS.

This is the lowest price 3G tracker on the market so far. Hopefully more come on the market soon.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Thanks for sharing the information.

beryindo6 years ago

is this still valid?

<entry key='filter.enable'>true</entry>
<entry key='filter.invalid'>true</entry>
<entry key='filter.zero'>true</entry>

I am try

<entry key='gt06.enable'>true</entry>
<entry key='gt06.port'>5023</entry>
<entry key='gt06.timezone'>-25200</entry>

gt06.timezone is deprecated

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I would recommend to use decoder.timezone attribute on the device itself. Value is Java timezone name.

beryindo6 years ago
<entry key='decoder.timezone'>true</entry>

like that ?

As I said, it's device attribute, not configuration parameter.

beryindo6 years ago

can you give example or screenshoot ?

beryindo6 years ago

I think like this ?

<entry key='decoder.timezone'>Asia/Jakarta</entry>

Like this:

Paulo Docto5 years ago

Hi Anton,
In relation to this I'm running 4.2 linux server. I Have gt06 protocol based devices some have correct time based on the state vs my browser time and some are 8 hrs advanced. maybe due to the fact that I set the server time via traccar gui to asia manila. because of this inaccuracy. tried too use the parameter gt06 timezone set to 0. then restarted the service. upon checking those correct time were affected by the adjustment due to this, removed the config param. the correct time never came back. plus upon observation, the time did not move anymore. sorry for the lengthy message.

Please also check my logs:

2019-01-02 00:55:22  WARN: An exceptionCaught() event was fired, and it reached at the tail of the pipeline. It usually means the last handler in the pipeline did not handle the exception. - Too many open files - IOException

Thank you.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

All you need to do is configure device to report UTC time. Only if that's not possible, you should set gt06 timezone configuration. Don't change anything else. Nothing else affects time.

william5 years ago

i'm having the same timezone problem. all route logs, are showing 8 hours ahead. i'm on GMT+8, my OS (windows) is on the correct time zone too, (08+00). i also viewing locally on my browser.

Paulo Docto5 years ago

Thanks Anton went back to normanl again. Some still not uodating. I have not tried setting the timezone decice level. Will give an update once done. More power.

Murthy Varanasi4 years ago

after following every instruction still my timezone shows GMT while I am on GMT+5.30 any help please

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

If you provide full details, we might be able to help. It includes info on what you configured, logs and any other relevant information.