SMS Commands via Traccar SMS Gateway

Chris4 years ago

Hi

Is it possible to send sms commands to my gps trackers via "Traccar SMS Gateway" which I'm using for SMS notifications?

Kind regards
Chris

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Commands are not supported via HTTP SMS API yet. It's something that we plan to implement at some point.

Rodrik4 years ago

We build inteface for two way SMS message from/to Taccar's
Knowledge based solution.

Chris4 years ago

Where can I get this interface?

Chris4 years ago

@Anton
Thank you for reply
Any sugestions for a small and simple smpp service? (maybe open source)

Direct attached modems with sim card will not be supportet from traccar, right?

One option I heard of is Ozeki NG SMS Gateway. Never used it, so not sure how reliable it is. I'm sure there are some other options available if you Google it.

Rodrik4 years ago

I have my own HLR server hosted at GSM carrier's data center, non standard SIM cards, global coverage. actually Java SIM cards. I have my own SMS gateway. Client sending SMS, HLR sytem converts to TCP/UDP/HTTP format and forwarding to the device. Device sending back responce, the system converts back to SMS message sending to the client.
In Traccar's case, data converted to OSMAND format.

Chris4 years ago

@ Anton:
So the only way to send a sms command via traccar server is to use a smpp server? Right?

Currently - yes.

Chris4 years ago

Thank you for your fast reply!

Chris3 years ago

Hi Anton,

Sorry for interrupting you again...
Now I've configured a smpp account
Notifications will send to user, but if i enable the "send sms" checkbox at the command this command will not be listet at the device commands.
If i uncheck it, the command is shown at the device command list.

Any Ideas?

Kind Regards

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Sets of commands that are supported for data and SMS can be different.

Chris3 years ago

That was the hint! :-)
The predefined commands are only for data.
To send commands to my tracking devices I had to add userdefined commands (according to device documentation) with checked "send sms"

Thank you, Anton!

Chris3 years ago

Hi,

Is it possible to use the "sms.smpp" as parameter per user instead of part of the config file?
So every User would be able to configure his own smpp parametes and source-addresses

Regards

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

I don't think so.