Per-group notifications for newly added devices of the same group requires service restart

Hristo3 years ago

Hi all,
First. I am super grateful that traccar exists, just wanted to bring your attention to what might be a glitch that others experience too.

Tested it on two separate traccar v4.10 instances with working web and email notifications.
When you add a new device and assign it to a group, all events related to this device as part of the group are generated correctly, but notifications are not sent for this device only.
Notifications for all other devices part of the same group work as normal.
After restarting the traccar.service notifications started to work as normal for the new device too.

Questions:
Has anyone else experienced the same problem and how did you fix it so service restart is not required?
Is it something that I have missed or done wrong?
Could that be a cache related issue?
If it is cache issue, how often is the cache refreshed, and can the refresh frequency be configured?

Many thanks,
Hristo

Karl.3 years ago

Are you manually adding these notifications to the groups/devices through the database or using the frontend/api?

Hristo3 years ago

Hi Karl,
I am using the standard front end web interface that comes with the installer, and I believe that it communicates with the back end via the server API.

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Please provide step by step way to reproduce the issue starting from a clean server.

Hristo3 years ago

Hi Anton,
I failed to reproduce the issue on both of my ubuntu 20.04 servers and have no idea why that was the case on the previous two installs.

Please ignore this thread.
Apologies for the false alarm...