Knots

GregoryO6 years ago

Hi,

seems like from version 3.15 I started to notice "knots" a speed unit in both traccar server and mobile client.
Is there a way to change it to kilometers per hour ?

BR,
Gregory

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Yes, you can change it in user attributes. FIY, Traccar always used knots by default.

GregoryO6 years ago

Right, thanks. I had totally empty list of (admin) user attributes.

Hmm, my user attributes are also completely empty and I can't find the related attribute in the documentation. The regular "user properties" windows doesn't show these kind of settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, didn't expect that the list of possible attributes is already populated when adding a new attribute. So I've found anything I need!

Mateusz Jończyk6 years ago

For all of You wondering where to change this:
Open "Server settings" (look for them in the right top corner of the screen), then click "Attributes" in bottom left corner of the window. Then click on "Add" in top left corner, from the "Name" dropdown select "Speed unit" and then from the "Value" dropdown select "km/h". Select "OK", close the "Attributes" window and click on "Save" in the "Server settings" window.

This can be set for all users on the server ("Server settings") or only for a particular user ("User settings").

Cristian3 years ago

tks