Freematics One+ Traccar Server Port Mismatch

Ryan S3 years ago

I have a fresh install of Traccar 4.12 on an AWS instance and the mobile device traccar android client connects to it no problem on both demo.traccar.org and my server as well.
I have a Freematics One+ that connects fine to the demo.traccar.org server on port 5170 however when I point it to my instance running 4.12 I get a Login Server Timeout. All I'm doing is pointing it from one server to the other. I checked your port 5170 on demo.traccar.org and it's not open as well as it's not open on my server either. Do I need to enable this Freematics protocol somewhere on my end or what additionally would I need to do if it worked on traccar.org but not on my server out of the box? No configurations have been changed other than a fresh install of 4.12 as a server that is running and taking locations on osmAND traccar client as a tester....but not the Freematics device. Thank you.

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Freematics port is UDP only protocol, so port check tool won't work for it.

Ryan S3 years ago

You're a genius......I changed the protocol from TCP to UDP in the port allow in AWS security settings and it connects. Thanks again.