New device attributes

Ronaldo3 years ago

I noticed that the server I have on my pc for testing (localhost using H2) two new device attributes have been added (device inactivity start & device inactivity period) ...

However on the production server using MySQL these two options do not appear ...

Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

It has nothing to do with database. You must be using different versions of Traccar.

Ronaldo3 years ago

I am not claiming that the database is the source of the problem ... it is just information to add possibilities, since it is the only changed configuration ...

I was using version 4.11 and just the fact that I mention the two added vehicle attributes was enough to understand that I am now in version 4.12 seeing that the previous version did not have such features ...

Ronaldo3 years ago

Dear,

understanding that this forum (I know the rules of use and the support of the free version well) is about seeking help to resolve the divergences of the system, and that this also adds experience to all users as well as feedback to developers, I see that your "help" in addition to not having added a solution (I repeat that I know the rules of the forum and the support of the free version) may still have prevented someone with the same experience from posting something here, so I still don't know how to solve the problem. ..

I thank you for your support the other times, but this time ...

I don't understand your comment. I thought the issue is resolved. Am I missing something?

kromhout3 years ago

"You must be using different versions of Traccar."

That means i think. You dont use the version of this page. This page is the original version. Somebody add maybe something extra but here we can not help. You have to ask the person that make this extra option.

Anton answers are maybe sometimes a little short but very clear. But he take time to answer almost everything what is very time consuming. Understand that here are alot of question that he can not help of that are already in de docs.

Ronaldo3 years ago

Anton, why did you think it was resolved? And I would give you feedback if the problem was resolved! I'm still researching the system itself, and checking to see if I can find anything on the forum.

Kromrout thanks for posting here, but I understood Anton's comment and would never play with the security of a system and my clients. I have been working with vehicle tracking since 2003 and I have known Traccar for about 4 years ... I would not take that risk with third party systems seeing the security that Traccar already has! And it would be disrespectful if I wanted Traccar to solve problems that are not Traccar's.

As for Anton's answers and the time he has to answer, I am aware of that (I repeat that I know the forum rules and the support of the free version) you don't have to demand that I understand something, I was always grateful when Anton decided and also when it didn't work out!

I know the documentation from beginning to end, and new features take a long time to appear in the same documentation.

If you have any ideas, I'm here to listen ... If I can resolve it before that, I'll post it here to help anyone who can get through this.

Thank you!

Those attributes are not available on any older versions. Do you have some other questions/problems?

Also what about security and how is it related to this topic?

Ronaldo3 years ago

I know that these attributes are not available in previous versions and I have stated this before! But in version 4.12 where they were implemented, it doesn't appear here on my server ... and that's the problem I need to solve!

As for security: at the moment when both you and Kromrout raised the hypothesis that I am using third-party systems, one of the factors I take into account is the "security" of the system, and as I know Traccar I would not risk systems unknown to others !

If you don't see those attributes, then you don't have the latest official release. One possibility is old web app is cached in your browser.