Remove password Queclink GL300

John Williams3 years ago

Re: open tracker, remove battery

You don't need to open the tracker, just run the battery flat (like do it again, flat)

Sean macon 3 years ago

Not sure running battery Flat will work, as did not for me, I had to remove battery,

Has anyone else got theirs unlocked with My info?

MT3 years ago

Hi NewTracker, I'm trying to get hold of the A13V24 manage tool that you put in this chat a few months ago, the link works great but the Zip for the manage tool doesnt extract - do you have any other links ?

rozcedulnik3 years ago

Hi Sean Macon,
I tried to follow your info with GL310MG, but was not succesfull. I got a new firmware, but did not reset the password.
The flashing process started just as I connected the device to the USB C cable, even without the battery

I would need to clarify a few things

1. If you say Firmware tool you mean Manage Tool? As I dont have a bin file for these devices and afaik, there is no special FW Upgrade tool for this device
  2. Is you say to stop the flashing... how? There is no stop button. Killing the app, or disconnecting the cable seems to be risky.

Thanks

John Williams3 years ago

Not so sure that talking about the GL310MG here will be helpful. This thread is specifically about the GL300 password.

The firmware will be different and the manage tool will also be different.

John Williams3 years ago

New (re-badged GL300) tracker arrived yesterday. No need to run the battery flat. The firmware upgrade worked first time with the tracker straight from the box. :)

Bon Scott3 years ago

Not getting any success with this method with a GL300MA. Password will not clear with firmware update. What firmware tool and firmware version are you using?

John Williams3 years ago

I am using the upgrade tool and firmware for a GL300.

rousselm43 years ago

This thread helped me so I'll just give back by adding that:

I bought gl300ma from a resseller and password was gl300ma.

Peter Wejstål3 years ago

@rousselm4, was this a branded product? Spytec or similar?

Peter Wejstål3 years ago

@rozcedulnik did you use a standard USB-C cable, or does it require a UART USB-C cable?

Tracker20093 years ago

Sounds like an old unit

JBalderas2 years ago

I order a GL300 from Amazon branded by Spytec
They are password protected, I try using the GL300MA Tool manager and show password error.
Also this info, the back label said GL300

Software version - GL310M_R00A03V08
Hardware Version - GL310M_HRW101

So base on that info the device is GL310M
Any idea how to remove the password?

Thanks

Ryan Cee2 years ago

I haven’t hand any luck with a gl300ma. I tired the firmware update with the firmware update tool. No luck.

Could there be a button cell battery on the gl300ma circuit board that needs to be removed to clear the memory?

JBalderas2 years ago

I found the link for FW and Manage Tool

Version: A7V03
Last Updated: September 2021

GL310M Docs and Tools
https://qdc.queclink.com/share/s/2eAvR014Q3C_f95VTZJ2lA

GL310M Firmware
https://qdc.queclink.com/share/s/8FWHrz1VRsGy9DXzC8Ju0g

Also some other devices
https://assetfleetgps.com/pages/firmware-updates

Thanks