Remove password Queclink GL300

secret squirrel7 years ago

Does anyone know how to remove the password on a GL300? The device is 2G and i would like to send it to South America. It had a Jasper sim in it so it has been decommissioned for some time.

secret squirrel7 years ago

Anyone able to help?

David Moscoso7 years ago

someone found the solution, I'm still looking for it, help me please

shawn8086 years ago

Hello, the default password for Queclink gl300 is "gl300" you can use the manual and see if it helps with the device.

http://www.eddywireless.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/GL300_Manage_Tool_User_Guide_V100_decrypted.100131149.pdf

I have the same device however mine was bought from this

http://www.spytecinc.com/gl-200-real-time-gps-tracker.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4ubonpew1wIVBwxpCh2RpQPoEAAYASAAEgJv4_D_BwE

and they refuse to help. If you want a reliable queclink its best to get it from the manufacture and not resellers like spytec that add monthly subscriptions. Keep in mind you still to buy the data cable in order to do custom configuration on the device.

David Moscoso6 years ago

I got mine also from spytec. but they changed the factory password (gl300). Have you already managed to configure yours?

shawn8086 years ago

No I haven’t been able to configure. If you find a work around please let me know.

secret squirrel6 years ago

I have tried Queclink several times and they have the most horrible customer service I have ever dealt with. They said it is posssible to remove the password but would not tell me how. They said they had to protect their dealers. I am a dealer too! Was looking for a battery powered unit and figured I would test the gl300. Sales manager didn’t care that I had 10 from a defunct dealer. Units had jasper SIM cards so they haven’t worked in almost a year. I had read that if you have the firmware upgrade it will reset the password. I have a cable and firmware but it’s not new enough and Queclink would never return my emails so I could get the right one. I got mad enough I called them directly in China. Sales manager almost crapped his pants and dodged every attempt to resolve the issue. I’m not buying crap from China anymore....period. Don’t care what the cost is.

shawn8086 years ago

If you can get the Gl300 original or even the one from spytec to be configured , it’ll be one of the best devices I think. It is a good product but keep in mind spytec and vendors for queclink are paying out big money for large quantities. I have one Gl300 from spytec and a data cable I bought from a reseller from UK and also the configureting program I found online , however none of that works without the password. I did hear about the firmware update being able to reset everything but haven’t found a way to do it yet.

Erik Cunha6 years ago

If you have a Queclink Firmware Update tool, a current firmware image, and a Data_Cable_M, then yes, you can wipe the device's configuration, including the password. The "Firmware Upgrade Tool" is not the same tool as the "Manager Tool" that you use to configure the device.

shawn8086 years ago

Hey where can I find the complete tools for download ? If you have it can you post a link?

Jackson Rato6 years ago

Hi, can anybody share the firmware upgrade tool for gl300!! mine has password and gives password error.
this was brought from spytec and they refuse to help.

Fung6 years ago

I have found this List of firmwares, flashtools and management-tools: https://pastebin.com/drgrjnkQ . I was able to remove the password with the Firmware Upgrade Tool Duplex 2.36 and the correct firmware. One can just follow the flash manual. The important thing is too choose "Flash Firmware and remove User Data" in the flashtool.
Make sure you have the correct "Doc_and_Tool" as well, because you can only reconfigure your device with the Manage Tool in that package.
Have fun!

Jackson Rato6 years ago

Hey Fung, I was able to reset my GL300
Thanks for the Links
Cheers

K.D.6 years ago

Hi guys just got GL300 living in UK how do i use it do i need to pay the activation and monthly subscription ? am bit clueless...

Fung6 years ago

It depends.

• If you want to use it with the service that is pre-installed, yes.
  • If you want to use it with the SIM-Card that is included, yes.
  • If there is no service pre-installed, no.
  • If you want to use it with traccar, no.

You need Windows for the next steps, does not seem to work with wine.

If you want to use it with traccar:

Now you need a UART to USB (or M) datacabel for Queclink that is not included in every delivery of the Queclink GL300.
Than you can flash the firmware with the Firmware_Upgrade_Tool_Duplex and delete user data.
Afterwards you can reconfigure the Device with the management tool.

Of course you need an activated SIM-card with the ability for GSM connections.

Have fun :-)