Telegram message parsing issue on v4.13

Rafael Miquelino3 years ago

Hi,

After updating to v4.13, the messages sent to Telegram are sent as "FullMessage", however it seams Telegram doesn't parse the html code as expected, please see below the test message content I received:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>
Test message
</body>
</html>

Is anyone facing the same issue?

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Thanks. Left a message on the issue.

dennis3 years ago

Please fix this ASAP.
Do a restore of the old version please. This was working great. I don't need any more information as it was already. It was perfect as a push message on the phone for example. Now it contains useless information.
Make the old way configurable in the config file at least.

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

You can just change template to remove html code and just leave the text.

dennis3 years ago

Sounds interesting, how can i do that in a docker container?
What file do i need to replace for what file?

You need to change the files in the Traccar templates folder, you can find them here: https://github.com/traccar/traccar/tree/master/templates.

If you are not using e-mail notification, just mount the templates/short folder to templates/full in your container. Something like that if you are using Docker compose:

volumes:
  - ./templates/short:/opt/traccar/templates/full
dennis3 years ago

Hi Rafael

Thx! Thats a smart solution. Works perfect!

I downloaded the short folder from the github and put that into a docker volume. I mounted that volume to /opt/traccar/templates/full

So:

docker volume create traccar_notification

Download the github folder short to /var/lib/docker/volumes/traccar_notification/_data

and create

volumes:
  - traccar_notification:/opt/traccar/templates/full
dennis3 years ago

I still get this way a map notification, is it possible to disable this also?

Currently that’s not possible. For that you’ll need to customize the code for your needs or you can create an issue at the GitHub repository and request a new feature for that to be an option.