Traccar application hangs and cant restart

Ekbana Devops3 years ago

Hello,
We are hosting traccar application in Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS with 2core 2gb system. Application works normally for 7 to 10 days and then suddenly hangs. On restarting the traccar service, it cant be restarted due to previous process running and taking up the port. [log shows: WARN: Port is disabled due to conflict]. We are not able to kill the previous java process even with "kill -9 <PID>" . Only solution we can find is to restart the server. After server restart everything works normally for next few days and suddenly same issue repeats.
At the time when this issue occur, we have noticed application being restarted log which was not done manually. we also checked server logs but couldn't fine anything related to server resource.
Could anyone help us with the issue.

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

If you can't kill a process with kill -9 it means it got stuck in kernel, which probably means some issue with your OS.

Slawek3 years ago

If problem is 7-10 days, make cron job restart traccar service every 5 days :)

As far as I understand, the problem is that service doesn't restart. They are forced to restart the whole physical server.

Slawek3 years ago

Can't restart/ kill service after crash.

It doesn't crash. It just hangs.

Slawek3 years ago

Right, but if I good understand they can't restart/kill after hangs. Ekbana, can you restart service when running? What ver do you use?

Ekbana Devops3 years ago

@Slawek , yes when the application is running normally, we are able to restart it without any issue. Its just after the application hangs, we cant restart the application using "systemctl restart traccar" due to port conflict.

Ekbana Devops3 years ago

Restarting every 5 days will be a solution but i wanted to know the cause of the issue as we are using this in production. Also, we couldn't find anything in kernel log which might have caused the issue. however I'll try to install the application on other machine as well.

Slawek3 years ago

What version do you use? Java ver ? How many clients ? This is only Traccar server or dou you have something else ?