Single user config

tracdoog3 years ago

Hi, I was able to install and get my server running on a Windows 10 VM.
Since my device is GT06 (I believe is a clone, because of the battery that was swollen when I bought it, and also, it looks rough for the price I paid for it), I wanted to know how to setup the server to do just basic tracking, mileage counting, and geofencing (this last one maybe). I just want to keep count of where my cars is, some monthly mileage to keep account for servicing, and some place to store the locations in cases it gets stolen, so I can go back to the computer and locate it quickly.

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

I'm not sure I fully understand the question. You already have the server running, right? Is something not working?

tracdoog3 years ago

Hi Anton.

Btw, thanks for your skils and imagination creating the software.

Well, what I want to do is to use the reports, how to configure the events, the trips, and how reports of how many miles (or kilometers) my car has driven.
Right now, as it is, is all empty, I only see my gps being online, and just that.

Is all that info reported by the gps or calculated by the server?
If the gps only reports location, how can I organize the data to at least have mileage reports?

tracdoog3 years ago

Sorry, forgot to mention, my gps protocol is gt06.

If you don't see location, it probably means that your device hasn't reported location. As for mileage and other information, it depends. Some information is reported by device and some is calculated on the server.

tracdoog3 years ago

I see location, and on the state tab the device reports:

Time (all wrong, like 2002-02-03 23:07:10, but I believe is device related)
Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Speed, Course, Status, Ignition, Battery Level, RSSI, Distance, Total Distance, Motion

I was able to create two attributes from the documentation section, ignitionOn and motionOn. But, I do not know what else to do? (not a programmer here).

I'm searching for templates to try to customize to what I need but can't find any.

As for the reports, they are all empty, so I suppose I need to enable something or make the server do some calculations so it shows data, right?

1. Are you selecting correct time period for your reports? If your device is reporting 2002, that's what you should select.

2. Why are you creating attributes for ignition? I thought you already see ignition value.

tracdoog3 years ago
  1. Uh oh... that I did not knew, is there a way to correct the time on the device or the server?
  2. Because I thought I needed to create the ignition value so it would get recognized.
  1. There is a config parameter to override device time with server time.
  2. No, you don't need to do anything if your device reports ignition out of the box. You only need it if your device doesn't report ignition and for example reports a generic input instead.
AvlMexico3 years ago

I share some SMS for GT06, I hope they work for you, I recommend you send them in the same order, when you send the APN the device restarts:
FACTORY#
APN,xxx,user,password#
SERVER,1,DNS(IP),5023,0#
TIMER,60,18000#
ANGLEREP,ON,20,2#
GPSDUP,ON#
POWERALM,ON,0,5,300#
HBT,2,5#
GMT,E,0,0#
RESET#