How to stop accessing web traccar?

Geogps3 years ago

I have developed traccar based android app which has few custom changes. These changes are only in application like I have added more user roles, etc. But when I logged in web - there is no changes. So I want to protect my clients to logged in web so that they can't delete any user or other data.

Can you please help me to stop access of web traccar only?

Or is these any way to change the default accessing port of web like http://ip_address:8082
Does it possible to change in default port that does not affect my app code.

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

You can change the web port in the config. You can also remove the web app if you don't need it.

Why do you want to disable it though? Hopefully you implemented roles correctly in the API as well, so it's not just the client side permissions.

Geogps3 years ago

Thanks for your quick response.
Actually, It is developed by a freelancer and now he is not available. I don't know code but I just want to disable the login page of web UI so that no one can logged in via web. Actually, developers created custom user roles at application level like distributer, user, admin, reseller-admin etc but when I checked these users in web admin login they are have admin role as per traccar internal system.

So, this is very critical for me if anyone logged in via web he can access all users.

Please help me to disable the login page of web UI.

but when I checked these users in web admin login they are have admin role as per traccar internal system

That's exactly the problem I was talking about. Even if you disable web app, API is still available. And if those restrictions are not implemented on the back-end, you have a very big security problem.

But speaking of disabling web app, you can just remove files from the "web" folder. That should do it.

Geogps3 years ago

Thanks for your response!
Just to know how much does it cost to me if I need custom work from your side.

Depends on many things. Feel free to email if you are interested in some paid support.