Unable to connect to my server

Tinzang2 years ago

Hi,
I follow all the command and staff but I’m not able to access to my Traccar server with the port :8082. It keep saying unable to connect.

Thanks

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

What troubleshooting have you done so far? Without any details we won't be able to help you.

Tinzang2 years ago

I try to look at my firewall to check if it allows outside connexion but I don’t know what exactly and where to go

Do you have any experience hosting your own server? Check standard things:

• Check if the process is running
  • Check logs for errors
  • etc...
Tinzang2 years ago

Honestly not, this is my first experience. Because I’m been reading others forum but they talking creating route in the firewall or in the router. How can I do those one to trouble shot the issue.

I follow the installation video made by Traccar on youtube. So I deploy my server on Digital Ocean and then I copy all the commands and put at puppy. But I’m wondering did I need to do any changes to those commands instead of copy paste? Because user ‘root’@‘localhost’ should change this to root’@‘myip’?
Thanks

You have to have at least some basic technical knowledge to host Traccar server yourself.

Tinzang2 years ago

I’m learning can you help me with how to check firewall setting in windows 10 64bit

BerndFfm2 years ago

Can you start the web interface on the Windows where traccar is running ?

With localhost:8082 ?

Is it working when you switch off the firewall ?

Greetings Bernd