Remove password Queclink GL300

JBalderas2 years ago

@Ryan

What is the problem ?

thanks

Ryan Cee2 years ago

I have 2 gl300ma that have a non default password. I saw the posts about removing the batteries and then running the firmware update tools.

They firmware update tools never work. I tired following the steps is removing the batteries, starting the firmware update, plugging in the batteries, etc. the firmware says it starts but it never actually communicates with the gl300ma.

I luckily have 1 unit that had a default password.

The other 2, no luck. I’m on the verge of using a Python script To try and brute force the passwords for the other 2. But I just had an idea that there may be a button cell battery on the board that may be retaining the password. I have an old gl200 that does. I was thinking that maybe the gl300 has a cell under one of the metal plates on the underside of the board.

Ryan Cee2 years ago

Jbalderes, did you try the password Nyc212 ?

Tracker20092 years ago

Is this the new model they sell..totally different design then GL300

JBalderas2 years ago

Ryan,

I try Nyc212 and works for GL300MA old model, I bought 20 Spytec on eBay and the Nyc212 password works.
The new model from Spytec GL300 that said on the label but is GL310M, that I bought on Amazon have a new password.

Amazon price is 40 dlls for 2 units.

How works the Python script ?

Thanks

Ryan Cee2 years ago

The Python script is suppose to brute force the password. This may or any not work. I haven’t had a chance to finish trying it out yet.

JBalderas2 years ago

I was thinking to activate the GL310M with Spytec and place the SIM of the tracker on a Cell Phone
Then capture the information that they send to the device and that will include the Password

What do you think?

John Williams2 years ago

@Ryan.

Detecting the password by brute force should work and give you an answer by the end of the century.

@JBalderas

How are you going to capture the information. Your Cell Phone will not send anything as it does not know the IP address (or port) for Spytec.

JBalderas2 years ago

@John

I have some Old Spytec GL300M devices that I can unlock and find out the IP and port.
Let me think about how to simulated the Device with the phone.

Thanks

Ryan Cee2 years ago

@John,

I know, it’s not ideal. I haven’t had any luck with the firmware method. I’ve
Tried many different things mentioned here in the forum. I just though it would be fun to try as well. Hopefully the password isnt too complex.

ArqTrak2 years ago

Has anyone been able to get into the GL310MG? I have bought a few from different sellers on Amazon but have been unsuccessful in getting into any of them. I found a seller on Amazon who has units that they claim are unlocked but at a higher price than the known locked ones. I wanted to see if anyone was able to get in before I take the chance on the unlocked units.

John Williams2 years ago

@arqtrak

The photographs on that Amazon item are much too vague to be sure what you are buying.

But if you are buying on Amazon then you should get you money back if they are not as described.

P.S. I have looked at that page and they are marked as not for export to the UK, which may just be that they don't work here.

Ryan Cee2 years ago

Hi guys,

Where is the best place to buy a gl300ma with a default password, at this time.

Thanks

Ryan

Vollie2 years ago

Hi Ryan Cee,

I can advise you to buy through gpsserverman. I also bought from him his prices are quite good. He sells the gl300. I don't know if he sells the gl300ma. In general, those GPS trackers passwords are sold by default. If you can't figure it out, call or email him via his website. I don't know which website it is but google it but it also sends worldwide if all goes well.

Ryan Cee2 years ago

Thanks. I’ll take a look.