Maximum zoom with google map tiles

keeka6 years ago

I am using Traccar with Google satellite tiles as the base mapping. Viewing a location simultaneously in Traccar's web interface alongside, say, maps.google.com, it seems the latter zooms an additional 3 levels or so. Can I view those higher zoom levels within Traccar? I have played with the web max zoom attribute. Though I believe that is intended for setting an upper bound on allowed zoom level.
Or is this due to limits inposed by googles map tile api?
Many thanks.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

It is for upper bound. So, what happens when you set it? What do you set it to?

keeka6 years ago

If I set the web max zoom attribute, it restricts the maximum zoom as expected. If I set it to 18 (the max I believe) or remove the attribute completely, the maximum zoom level is the same, which appears to be less than that on the maps.google.com interface: On maps.google.com, I seem to be able to zoom 3 more levels via mouse wheel or 1 via clicking the '+' in the toolbox.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

It's the default value:

https://github.com/traccar/traccar-web/blob/master/web/app/Style.js#L72

If you want to see a difference you should increase it.

keeka6 years ago

Thank you Anton. I'll do that.

Mschum4 years ago

Hello,

I changed the value to 25 in the source style.js and recompiled traccar-server.
Server page and account page have been set to 25. That should be enough to have a zoom level higher than 18, correct?

Only adjusting the style.js later in the directory has no effect, right?

keeka4 years ago

I only needed to change mapMaxZoom in the minified js, traccar/web/app.min.js.

Mschum4 years ago

Great, I modified the mapmaxzoom in app.min.js as you suggested, works perfectly. Thank you very much

cguenther2 years ago

Hi, i've changed the mentioned mapMaxZoom in traccar/web/app.min.js to 25 but have no change in the max avail zoom. The zoom-level is the same as before (18 i assume). Logout/In & Server-Restart done. What's needed to have the zoom > 18? Any hint?

keeka2 years ago

You may need to clear the browser cache.

cguenther2 years ago

Thank you, that was the missing piece :-)

DaveGG2 years ago

Thank you!
I try to find this in my traccar server (OCI) and this route don't exist or I can't see it. Im go to /opt/traccar , do ls and just see... conf, data, jre, legacy, lib, logs, modern, schema, and templates. Don't show me web.
Where is it web/app.min.js. in the last traccar 5.3?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Old web app is under the legacy folder.

DaveGG2 years ago

Ok thank you very much @anton.