Never release RAM in Traccar server

Hi!,

I have a doubt about the RAM in traccar server. We are monitoring the server and we can see that when the server have a time working, it's beging to up the RAM, exist a moment that for example: A user create a report or a new device connect to platform, it's beging up the RAM, the problem i can see is the RAM NEVER RELEASES, i mean, if a user obtain a report and this user end to use traccar, we can see that the platform needed 2GB of RAM, but always have bussy 2 GB of RAM, if other user obtain other report we can see that now exist 4 GB of RAM bussy and exist a moment where the system have a crash because the RAM reaches the limit, the only way for fix it is restart traccar.service. My question: Exist any point in the traccar coinfiguration for configurate and try to solve this problem?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

That's probably a normal behavior for the JVM. You can try different JVM config options if you want to reduce memory allocation. But it's not really a bug that needs to be fixed.

Juliano2 years ago

Optimize the server as described in the link below and put a routine on the server to restart once or twice a day, you will never have memory problems again.
https://www.traccar.org/optimization/

Hello, yes, all the elements of the documentation about optimization were done. including database optimization. I can see that the only way is to restart the server some times.

Juliano2 years ago

I always set the servers I manage to restart at midnight every day