traccar stops not detected

Chris2 years ago

Hi all,

I am having problems. I am on the road all day long. with a few stops. however stops are never detected. (i use my phone with the hidden android app to track)

Here are my settings that i am using in my config. Am i doing something wrong here?

<entry key='filter.enable'>true</entry>
    <entry key='filter.invalid'>true</entry>
    <entry key='filter.zero'>true</entry>
    <entry key='filter.distance'>50</entry>
    <entry key='geocoder.processInvalidPositions'>true</entry>
    <entry key='report.trip.minimalParkingDuration'>60</entry>
    <entry key='report.trip.minimalNoDataDuration'>900</entry>
    <entry key='status.updateDeviceState'>true</entry>
    <entry key='server.timeout'>500</entry>
Anton Tananaev2 years ago

You have a distance filter that will likely interfere with stop detection.

Chris2 years ago

Yeah but I travel 600 km per day. And 6 stops normally.

So how can the 50m interfere with minimal parking setting?

Filtering removes data and Traccar needs that data to detect stops.

Chris2 years ago

I understand. But do I not understand it's purpose?
The 50m is only to not report stoots within the first 50m where I left from. After that it should report again don't it?

I would recommend reading this to understand how trips and stops are calculated:

https://www.traccar.org/documentation/trips-stops/

After you understand how it works, it should be pretty obvious why filtering data would interfere with the logic.

Chris2 years ago

I allredeay read it. The only thing I am trying to achieve is that if I park for 3 minutes it will be detected as a stop.

I already explained why it's not working. You can't have both filtering all stationary data and stops detection. Have you looked into coordinates filtering instead?

Chris2 years ago

No I did not. I will read it thank you

Chris2 years ago

Hi Anton,

I removed the filter in my config. So nothing is filtering now. I still get no stops from my phone. Route is detected perfect. At a other phone stops are working as it should. onyl thing different is that i have my client config location settings on medium and the other phone @ high. Does this make a difference? the high is working except for indoors. and the medium is not working correct?

the high is working except for indoors. and the medium is not working correct?

It's almost the opposite. High is GPS (which doesn't work indoors), but it will fallback cell/wifi location. Medium is cell/wifi, which is not very accurate. It's probably not good enough to detect stops.

Chris2 years ago

So best is to set it to high. It will fall back to medium as I understand from you?

It is the best for accuracy, but the downside is higher battery usage.

Chris2 years ago

Thanks for your feedback. I will try high to see if it detect the stops for me

Chris2 years ago

Hi Anton,

Just to inform you. the stops part is working now. thanks again for your support. However i got one more question. How is the "average speed" calculated?

now if i stop for 4 hours the stop time is included in the calculate of the average speed. But this is not a real average speed on the road.