doubts with telegram

Cristian3 years ago

I'm glad it worked

Richard Acosta3 years ago

@Cristian
Quote (7.- I receive the messages in your Telegram account separately for each user.)

YOU recive a chat message with info from the server, AS ALWAYS, from every device working.
My concern is about the actual utility.

I/YOU can config. notifications for EVERY user, so THEY receive the notifications from THEIR devices on their phone just using the traccar app. Theres no need to have ANOTHER app receiving notifications, there's no need to receive SMS, nor Whatsapp, nor Telegram, we already have traccar manager to receive notifications, and it works.

Telegram notifications could be useful if it allowed to send notifications directly to device users' telegram/phone, redirect alarms and such. I see only usefulnes to have it centralized on me, just for notifications history purposes, not actual immediate utility.

In case of emergency, I/YOU can receive sms and calls from devices when there's a power cut and you activated alarm mode to warn if vehicle moves, leaves a geofence or has a vibration. We then, contact user/owner of vehicle, or just immobilize it.

SMS and calls have a cost/price and in some instances device's could get out of credit (prepaid SIMs) and there's when Telegram could be really useful to warn users/owners/drivers directly with no risk to waste sim's credit.
Otherwise is just notifications history.

If after doing all this, traccar warns each user separately I find it a success, but what I've done only allowed "me" to receive messages, not other users of the platform.

Unless I really misunderstood something big.

Cristian3 years ago

Richard Acosta

A translation may not have been quite right (I use Spanish to English translator). I apologize if something was not understood well.

Telegram notifications are received by each user on their mobile phone. It may have been misunderstood.

It is a bit beyond our control the data consumption of the cell phone plan that each user may have.

In my opinion you should give the option to each user of your tracking platform to choose how to receive notifications, which can be through the traccar app (manager), telegram, email, there is even a configuration that allows you to implement notifications by whatsapp.

If I as traccar administrator want to receive the notifications of the vehicles, I must do it as another user, that is, I must assign the vehicles and the corresponding notifications.

Traccar is so well designed that it allows everyone to give it a different approach.

I hope I have clarified your doubts.

Cristian, I'm also translating from spanish, just not by google, is all me :) I'm using english because of the forum rules. (if I'm not mistaken is english only)

That's the thing, if any user can receive notifications from his vehicle, that's the exact way to go.
Just I don't understand how could the server know to address any user particularly, other than the chat/bot owner/creator (me) because of the info. used is from the chat I made.

Es decir (translating to spanish, so noone suspects or gets annoyed) justamente lo que digo es que el servidor debería enviar mensajes a cada propietario de vehículo sobre su propio vehículo.
Solamente no logro entender como puede el servidor saber dirigirse a cada usuario particularmente, aparte del creador/propietario del bot/chat (yo) ya que los datos usados son los del chat que yo creé.

Cristian3 years ago

Richard, el usuario agrega en su telegram el chat de tu bot y comienza a recibir en ese chat solo las notificaciones de sus vehículos, si tienes otro usuario este hace lo mismo agrega el chat de tu bot a su telegram y recibe las notificaciones de sus vehículos. Ninguno recibe las notificaciones del otro. Y eso se logra al agregar en los datos del usuario en el campo destinado para el numero de celular el CHATID de telegram del usuario.

Richard, the user adds in his telegram the chat of your bot and starts to receive in that chat only the notifications of his vehicles, if you have another user he does the same, he adds the chat of your bot to his telegram and receives the notifications of his vehicles. Neither receives notifications from the other. And that is achieved by adding in the user data in the field for the cell phone number the user's telegram CHATID.

Ok, entiendo, ahora sí, yo debía pasar info. al usuario...

Ok, now I understand, I have to pass info. to the user.

Richard Acosta2 years ago

I finally added some users, me and a friend to the chat.

I put my (chat)ID and my friends', I got it by sending a msg. on the chat and reading the api.telegram.org/botxxyyyetc... IDs inside it to put on telephone filed for each user's config on traccar server.
I also enabled telegram notifications and just in case, SMS... but no avail, no notification whatsoever is sent.

Still not working no matter which config I use (1 user via Telegram option or several users via SMS option) and still no answers.

And just found this:

Notifications?

Found the mistake, notifications working, but no Telegram notifications either method.
This error appears...

{"ok":false,"error_code":400,"description":"Bad Request: chat not found"} - MessageException (HttpSmsClient:97 < NotificatorSms:45 < NotificationResource:63 < ...)

Forget it... Finally done it.

Castillo2 years ago

Hello Richard, I did not see your messages until now. What did you find?

Juan Sánchez2 years ago

Hello!!

One question... it's possible to add location to SMS in order to have same message as notificatorTelegram has?

Kind Regards,

Hi @Castillo, I was confusing some configs, can't remember exactly, I was trial and error "ing" it.

how to include other parameters such as latitude, longitude