Problem with notifications and reverse geocoding after updating to v4.15

Alex Meléndez2 years ago

Hello Anton, good day/night, I have updated from 4.14 to 4.15 and I see that it no longer sends me notifications. I tried to use the notifications test button. The test notification arrives, but the following error appears. (For example, geofence exit or entry notifications do not arrive now.)

Invalid CertificateVerify signature - SSLHandshakeException (... < MailManager:143 < *:96 < NotificatorMail:34 < NotificationResource:63 < ...)

It is worth mentioning that I backed up traccar.xml from the old version and restored it in the new version, that is, I did not modify the TRACCAR_KEY, it is the same.

Another error that appears derived from the version change is with reverse geocoding. Now I get the following error when I try to display an address from a Device Status:

Signature does not match. - SignatureException (... < JsonGeocoder:120 < ServerResource:61 < ...)

As in the previous case, the LocationIQ API_KEY was not changed, it is included in traccar.xml

Thanks for your help.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Looks like some issue with Java. Instead of using embedded Java version, try an external one.

By the way, please don't address questions to me. It's a forum for everyone.

Alex Meléndez2 years ago

Thank you for your prompt response, and sorry for quoting you.

Following your hint, I forgot to change traccar.service (since I had installed JAVA 11), replacing the following line:

ExecStart=/opt/traccar/jre/bin/java -jar tracker-server.jar conf/traccar.xml

For:

ExecStart=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-armhf/bin/java -jar tracker-server.jar conf/traccar.xml

Thanks for your help!!

Hola tengo java version 17 como podrias cambiar de la version integrada a la version que instale recientemente ?

Alex Meléndez2 years ago

Hola @Urdanegui,

Debes editar el archivo del servicio de traccar, ubicado en /etc/systemd/system/traccar.service
Yo edito dicho archivo con:

sudo pluma /etc/systemd/system/traccar.service

Dentro de ese archivo cambias la línea:

ExecStart=/opt/traccar/jre/bin/java -jar tracker-server.jar 

Por la ruta al ejecutable de tu java que instalaste. Es decir, "/opt/traccar/jre/bin/java" por "ruta_al_java_externo".

Xabi O.2 years ago

Problem started in 4.15, and still happening in 5.3.
After every update is needed to modify the traccar.service.
Is there a way to solve this problem forever, or will be solved in future versions?

Yes. There is a way. You need to find an email server that doesn't use outdated or obscure encryption for SSL certificates.

Xabi O.2 years ago

The problem, at least mine, is with the locationiq geocoder, not with the email.
With integrated java, locationiq returns the java error, that causes notifications and reverse geocoding to not work.

Basically the same answer. The server is using encryption not compatible with the embedded version of Java that we're using. What is the URL?

Also what platform are you using?

Xabi O.2 years ago

As I said I'm using locationiq. The URL is:

https://eu1.locationiq.com/v1/reverse.php

As explained in locationiq documentation:

https://locationiq.com/docs-html/index.html#reverse_usage

And the second question?

Xabi O.2 years ago

Yes, sorry. I'm using Linux ARM on a raspberry pi.