VPS for 10K devices

fmidia2 years ago

Hi guys, I want to set up a business structure to monitor via (android/IOS app client) about 10,000 devices.

What VPS configuration needed?

Thanks

jay2 years ago

Never test with so many devices I guess...however you can go for the highest VPS spec that is available.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

It will depend on the reporting frequency of those devices.

fmidia2 years ago

For exemple
VPS 4 vCPU Cores, 10 GB RAM, 700 GB HDD (initially 1,000, then scaling, each with 4 reports/day)

Because we are thinking of opening a business to scale monitoring, however, as we are going to charge cheaply, we want to serve many subscribers.
the idea is to actually use the cell phone as a client for monitoring, it becomes easier, and there is no need to resell specific equipment.

Tks

vmedrano2 years ago

i have an float ip on digital ocean 2 load balance and 4 traccar services big servers 32 ram 8vcpu with mysql db hosted to support
7,000 devices.reporting every 3 minutes.
the load balance can manage 30 k connectios and i need some upgrade, i am moving to more server than a strong capacity.
you will need twice my config or have i lote of servers.

Victor

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

4 reports per day is a very low frequency. You can probably use the smallest 1GB or 2GB VPS for 10000 devices with that frequency.

fmidia2 years ago

Victor
thanks for the information!!
We are going to change our business and get 2 VPS servers with more capacity in contabo.
Tks

fmidia2 years ago

Anton Tananaev, thanks for the information.

Good to know all this to do the math.
You will always see me here on this forum.

Thanks

webo2 years ago

Wouldn't that type of horizontal scaling structure with a load balancer cause issues with Traccar's internal cache?

Are there any config settings you're using to prevent cache issues from occurring?