Push notifications with Traccar Manager app on android

Alf-DK2 years ago

Hi

Have my own traccar server running and I use the Traccar Manager app and try to make Push notifications work but it does not work for me.

I have added in traccar.xml the following.

<entry key = 'notificator.types'> web, mail, traccar </entry>
<entry key = 'notificator.traccar.key'> eyJkYXRhIjo ................... </entry>

Have checked that the API key is the same under account. What am I missing ???

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Check if you have notification device token in your user attributes. If not, try to re-login.

Alf-DK2 years ago

Have checked user attributes and there are notificationTokens and it is the same as in traccar.xml taken from my page on the forum here.

Under notifications you can select Web, sms and email should there not be an option anymore if you need it as push notification

It shouldn't be the same because it's a completely different thing.

Alf-DK2 years ago

Then that's probably why it does not work because I thought they should be the same.

can I remove the ones I edited in and get the right one back in?

You need to remove it and re-login. It should be set automatically by the mobile app.

Alf-DK2 years ago

yes it worked fine after new login. now there is a notificationToken again. Thanks.

Under notifications i can select Web, sms and email should there not be an option more if I want the message as push notification

Yes, there should be. What version of Traccar are you using? Are you sure you restarted the server after changing the config?

Alf-DK2 years ago

the last one on a linux pc and I have restarted the pc after I edited the xml file.

Then it should work, assuming you have the official version, of course.

Alf-DK2 years ago

Ok I must have done something wrong then.
because I still only have web, sms and mail

Yes it is the latest version of the app and the latest version of the server 4.15

Alf-DK2 years ago

and yes it is the official version of the app

Alf-DK2 years ago

Hi

I must have made a mistake in the config file because I have removed the two lines and inserted them again one at a time and now it works.