Devices lost connection for one hour

Mateus2 years ago

Hi there, Anton,

Yesterday all our devices lost conection between 11 pm and 12 am. Regardless to SIM card operator and device manufactor. Our server was 100% working, and nothing in the architechture seemed to be malfunctioning, but all of them stopped sending messages and a great part of them showe the "unknown" status, when the avatar changes its color to yellow.

We really don't have a clue about what could create such a behavior, I would like to humbly ask you if you have any suggestion about what it could be, or where should we look at.

I'm not sure if that matters but we are in the America/Bahia timezone, we thought it could be something related to the timezone because it happened for only one hour and exactly from 11 pm to 12 am.

Could you give us some piece of information that we can use to understand what happened?

Best regards,

Mateus.

SwayDev2 years ago

Does your device support remote diagnosis via SMS or any other means? If yes during the time frame you mentioned did you run any diagnostic commands on your tracker and what was the outcome?

If the server was fine, and network infrastructure on the server-side was fine, and so were the SIM card operators' networks working fine.

Then trying to reach the trackers and finding out some diagnostic information from the tracker is the best way forward.

Ronaldo2 years ago

Dear, I realize this is your first post on this platform, so welcome! But I have three guidelines for you not to make the same mistakes I made in my beginnings and I didn't have the same tolerance that other nations have when they make the same mistakes:

1 - address the community and not just one person (as I know what is happening to you, I would tell you... but I am not the Anton you addressed);

2 - there are specific forums for discussions (software, devices, ...) and I believe yours is in the wrong forum;

3 - about these same forums, take a look before because there have already been problems similar to yours and this may help you.

Let's pay attention to the rules to get help where sometimes I couldn't due to natural prejudice to mistakes that some Brazilians but not all make.

Strong hug!