Timezone of Server and Traccar logs is different

karan kumar6 years ago

Hello:

Our timezone is set to Asia/Kolkata on ubuntu server. We verified the same after a reboot also.

Although the timezone shown in traccar log is 5.5 hours behind Asia/Kolkata time. We have set the timezone on the traccar server by going in Settings > Server > Attributes > Timezone > Asia / Kolkata.

Restarted the traccar server post this. But time zone does not change in logs.

please guide

Anton Tananaev6 years ago
karan kumar6 years ago

Thanks for that Anton. Could you help as to what we should be mentioning to force java for GMT+5:30 timezone?
wrapper.java.additional.1=-Duser.timezone=???
I tried wrapper.java.additional.1=-Duser.timezone=UTC+5:30 in wrapper.conf and then restarting traccar service but no help. It still shows UTC time in log stamps.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago
karan kumar6 years ago

Thanks again for quick help Anton. That worked like a charm. :)

Ghonz2 years ago

hello
i face same problem my time zone GMT+2 but log file use GMT so there always 2 hours gab, i noticed that the ibm link not working. can you help to adjust Java timezone, Ubuntu 20.04LTS Traccar 4.15

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

You can easily find on Google how to set Java timezone.

Ghonz2 years ago

i checked but the conf file not found it seems compiled in traccar

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

We don't use wrapper anymore, but the command line is obviously not compiled in Traccar. You just need to change the systemd service file if on Linux or Windows service if on Windows.

Ghonz2 years ago

i am using ubuntu server 20.04LTS. the timezone EET - GMT +2 and the time is correct but traccar show GMT time for all devices, the devices itself GMT +2 and show correct time if connected to other server like itrack, tracksolid etc..., mysql already have correct time, traccer logfile show same tracker device time less 2 hours, i need to check Java timezone but with fail