doubts with telegram

Cristian2 years ago

I apologize for not seeing the previous messages until now.

jean jose de matos, you have to modify the short templates located in .../traccar/templates/short/

for ignitionOn.vm something like this

$device.name Turned on at $dateTool.format("HH:mm:ss", $event.serverTime, $locale, $timezone)#{if}($position.latitude) Location: $position.address https://www.google.com/maps/search/$position.latitude,$position.longitude#{end}#{if}($position.address) #{end}
Zero482 years ago

Hello,
Would this work on Traccar Version 5 ?
It would receive these notifications ? :
-Ignition
-Geofence
-Maintenance
-Power cut (when it is disconected from vehicle's battery)
-Cut oil ?
-Resume cut oil ?
-Report (CVS)

Thanks in advance

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

What is "Report (CVS)"? We don't have a notification like that.

Zero482 years ago

Typo CSV

It still doesn't make sense to me. How is CSV report related to notifications?

Zero482 years ago

Is just a question.
a simple "no it does not" would work. (if you will to reply)
I asked because Notifications Send this report to an Email , So i decide to ask.
I do understand now that is tricky to ask in this forum .
No offense .

Won't bother again

It would receive these notifications ? :
-Report (CVS)

Report is NOT a notification. There's an option to deliver a report via email to avoid timeouts for large reports, but it doesn't make it a notification.

Zero482 years ago

Fair enough... Your system, Your rules , Your time , Your way of educate (inform, saying, showing).

Thanks once again for your time and support .

PawBuda year ago

Hey, I added the telegram configurations as mentioned, but I cannot see the telegram channel notificator type in the modern UI, as I am building locally.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Have you followed the official documentation? What have you added to the configuration?

PawBuda year ago

Hey Anton, my apologies for not giving the details in the first place. I simply added the configurations in traccar.xml as mentioned here. My traccar.xml looks something like this:-

<entry key='notificator.types'>telegram</entry>
    <entry key='notificator.telegram.key'>{Bot_Key}</entry>
    <entry key='notificator.telegram.chatId'>{Chat_id}</entry>
    <entry key='database.driver'>org.h2.Driver</entry>
    <entry key='database.url'>jdbc:h2:./data/database</entry>
    <entry key='database.user'>sa</entry>
    <entry key='database.password'></entry>

The build is from the latest master branch of Traccar as of the time of writing this message, on macOS Ventura 13.4.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

What notification types do you see in the UI? Please provide a screenshot.

PawBuda year ago

Hey, so I only see the default options as shown here, which are :- web, command, mail

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Have you restarted your service after changing the config? Are you sure you don't have duplicated notificator.types records in there with different values? Are you sure you're using that config file?

PawBuda year ago

Yes, I have. I re-built the app using IntelliJ Idea as recommended and restarted my web service. There are no errors in the console, except a session error which I think has no connection. also, I also noticed that the default.xml already has the notificator.types entry, but I believe that should be irrelevant right?