Notifications in 5.2 sent 3 times

Silverweb2 years ago

Hello!
Since upgrade from 5.0 to 5.2 every notification (mail and sms) comes 3 times.
Any idea how to solve this?

Tahnks,
Chris

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

If you have a way to reproduce the issue on a clean server, please create a bug ticket with details.

The same thing happens to me the events in the notifications appear 2,3 and 4 times on the device but if I go to the report it is correct only this 1 time

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1l4vr8nvk8v0r4/Traccar%20notificacion%20repeat.PNG?dl=0

I need steps to reproduce it. Can I have access to take a look?

You can view it in the events part, there will be reproduced what you send in the attached photo, I will send you the credentials to the support email

Spiros Kran2 years ago

I have the same problem. I figured out that it has to do with the connections. If as an admin, you create a notification and then connect it to users ( who are also connected to the same group of devices) then everybody gets double notifications. But if you create seperate notifications for each user and then disconnect t all of them from yourself (admin), then everybody gets only one. But of course its very difficult to seperate the notifications, because all of them have the same name.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whnf9krmrw24kmm/Screenshot%202022-07-20%20at%207.43.22%20PM.png?dl=0

Yes, you are absolutely right @Spiros Kran I did these steps and I only received a notification.

@Anton Tananaev is it possible to group them for the next version or will they not be reconfigured as they were in the previous version?

We'll work on a fix.

This should fix the issue with duplicate notifications:

https://github.com/traccar/traccar/commit/d42f935e4119fb87002b8b275c4237290ef7f12b

ok, I understand we just have to recompile adding those lines, I am going to download a VM with ubunto to be able to make the changes and I will inform you if everything worked correctly

You just need to recompile the JAR file.

It gives me the attached error when recompiling, could you send the file already compiled?

root@ubuntu:/home/jrodriguez/Downloads/traccar# ./gradlew assemble

> Task :compileJava
/home/jrodriguez/Downloads/traccar/src/main/java/org/traccar/session/cache/CacheManager.java:64: error: variable deviceLinks is already defined in class CacheManager
    private final Map<Long, Map<Class<? extends BaseModel>, Set<Long>>> deviceLinks = new HashMap<>();
                                                                        ^
/home/jrodriguez/Downloads/traccar/src/main/java/org/traccar/session/cache/CacheManager.java:251: error: variable links is already defined in method unsafeAddDevice(long)
        Map<Class<? extends BaseModel>, Set<Long>> links = new HashMap<>();
                                                   ^
/home/jrodriguez/Downloads/traccar/src/main/java/org/traccar/session/cache/CacheManager.java:263: error: incompatible types: bad return type in lambda expression
                links.computeIfAbsent(Group.class, k -> new LinkedHashSet<>()).add(group.getId());
                                                                         ^
    cannot infer type arguments for LinkedHashSet<>
      reason: no instance(s) of type variable(s) E exist so that LinkedHashSet<E> conforms to List<Long>
  where E is a type-variable:
    E extends Object declared in class LinkedHashSet
/home/jrodriguez/Downloads/traccar/src/main/java/org/traccar/session/cache/CacheManager.java:272: error: incompatible types: inference variable R has incompatible bounds
                links.put(clazz, objects.stream().map(BaseModel::getId).collect(Collectors.toSet()));
                     ^
    equality constraints: Set<T#2>
    lower bounds: List<Long>,Object
  where R,A,T#1,T#2 are type-variables:
    R extends Object declared in method <R,A>collect(Collector<? super T#1,A,R>)
    A extends Object declared in method <R,A>collect(Collector<? super T#1,A,R>)
    T#1 extends Object declared in interface Stream
    T#2 extends Object declared in method <T#2>toSet()
/home/jrodriguez/Downloads/traccar/src/main/java/org/traccar/session/cache/CacheManager.java:279: error: incompatible types: inference variable R has incompatible bounds
            links.put(User.class, users.stream().map(BaseModel::getId).collect(Collectors.toSet()));
                 ^
    equality constraints: Set<T#2>
    lower bounds: List<Long>,Object
  where R,A,T#1,T#2 are type-variables:
    R extends Object declared in method <R,A>collect(Collector<? super T#1,A,R>)
    A extends Object declared in method <R,A>collect(Collector<? super T#1,A,R>)
    T#1 extends Object declared in interface Stream
    T#2 extends Object declared in method <T#2>toSet()
/home/jrodriguez/Downloads/traccar/src/main/java/org/traccar/session/cache/CacheManager.java:288: error: incompatible types: bad return type in lambda expression
                            links.computeIfAbsent(Notification.class, k -> new LinkedHashSet<>()).add(object.getId());
                                                                                            ^
    cannot infer type arguments for LinkedHashSet<>
      reason: no instance(s) of type variable(s) E exist so that LinkedHashSet<E> conforms to List<Long>
  where E is a type-variable:
    E extends Object declared in class LinkedHashSet
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
Note: Some messages have been simplified; recompile with -Xdiags:verbose to get full output
6 errors

> Task :compileJava FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileJava'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 9s
5 actionable tasks: 1 executed, 4 up-to-date

Doesn't look like you applied the changes correctly.

I copy from the file you sent src/main/java/org/traccar/session/cache/CacheManager.java and replace it and then recompile

Is it possible that you can share the already compiled file with us?

I managed to compile it correctly.

This is the link of the compiled jar with the correction

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1aiw6pg1vjbux5o/tracker-server.jar?dl=0

the correction works perfectly

thank you very much @anton