How to fix the layers visible for the entire server and all it's users?

gustavofarias2 years ago

After migrating from 4.12 to 5.2 I noticed that some settings are not part of the "server" configuration as before. They are now part of the "preferences". I'm talking about the list of layers presented to the user in the layers icon. For obvious reasons this also affects the default layer presented to a new user.
These preferences can't be saved of persisted not only for the server but also for the user. They seem to be client based. Because if I use another computer or Traccar manager app in another device, I have to go again to Preferences, remove the layers I don't want and activate the ones I want, even if a I had previously done that.
I don't know if this is the intended behavior. But it's quite annoying specially to new users that don't want/know how to change these settings. The same way the user don't need to change the Speed unit to say km/h because it's already done globally by the admin, I think they shouldn't go to preferences to activate the Custom XYZ layer just to use google maps.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Submit a feature request.

Edilon 2 years ago

was going to request just that, we are trying to implement the code internally to add two google maps because we realized that the custom one has this problem of having to select again if the page is reset. I also noticed that the custom map is not displayed in the app even selected.

gustavofarias2 years ago

I was thinking of having more custom layers too. Like, google roads, google satellite etc.

To display the custom layer you have to de-sanitize the server first:
https://www.traccar.org/forums/topic/custom-map-layer-google-road-not-working-with-modern-interface-in-52/#post-73488

Edilon 2 years ago

yes, it is showing but if I reset the browser it stops showing, in the app it never showed