POI

crga2 years ago

Hello,

I'm sure this has been covered before but I'm struggling to find the information.....
Iv just upgraded to v5.2 and would now like to add some points of interest into my maps, is there any instructions/help to do this?

Thanks.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

You can add a KML POI layer. In user or server settings. It should be a URL to the file.

crga2 years ago

Thanks Anton.

I found a 'test.kml' file in an older post that I have managed to successfully import. Sadly my google maps generated kml file doesn't want to display anything in Traccar. I presume I will have to try and manually create one listing all the coordinates as it doesn't like the google link contained within the new file.

Klaas Strikwerda2 years ago

Convert your KML first to GPX and then back to KML via this online converter.
Please share if this resolves your problem
https://gpx2kml.com/

crga2 years ago

@Klaas Strikwerda
Thanks for the suggested converter but sadly didn't work for my file. I'm having to use google earth to redraw and resave my .kml file to allow it to be suitable for use it Traccar.

Interestingly I've noticed that the icon type, style and colour will remain the same from Google Earth to Traccar v4.5 but sadly Traccar v5.2 will only show my points as small blue dots. Is there a way to change this?

Klaas Strikwerda2 years ago

@crga,
if you are willing, please share your KML files, i am curious why the original file doesn't work with gpx2kml converter.

The original 5.2 build has a bug for showing path's and icons right.
It is resolved, but i cannot test it since i fail to compile the updated parts in a new version in Windows OS, so i wait for the next official release.