return to login screen after closing app & Freeze data mode

Oluwatobi2 years ago

HI, I have checked the forum and it seems i am the only one experiencing Traccar always going back to login screen after i close the mobile app. i enjoyed auto login on the legacy app from time immemorial. but this modern app 5.2 always returns me to the login screen when ever i shutdown the app, or I close my browser and reopen. Also there seems to be no option to remember password as i have to always login every-time.

In addition, if i only minimise the app, the new location dont get updated in realtime except i completely close the app and reopen which means i would have to login afresh again.

Please am i the only one experiencing this, and how can it be solved,

Sergio Cano2 years ago

It happens to me too. Let's hope there is a quick solution.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Are you using Traccar Manager? There will be new versions coming soon with a fix to session persistence.

Oluwatobi2 years ago

yes i am using Traccar Manager. it could sometimes take upto 10 minutes of staying on the app before devices are updated, then afterwards it continues updating realtime for another 20 minutes. or until i minimize the app to other application on my phone.

Iván Ávalos2 years ago

Anton, is this the commit where this was fixed? You linked it in another thread. https://github.com/traccar/traccar-manager-android/commit/15d3d491a1968f89f9b270eb3451405ca890f8e4

I'm having issues with sessions in the 5.1 modern UI (web) and my custom mobile app ever since I upgraded to 5.3: sometimes apps are randomly logged out, we don't know what's going on since this doesn't happen when we are investigating.

Iván Ávalos2 years ago

Update: we think it has to do with internet connection. When there is no connection, our app simply returns to the login screen instead of making it clear to the user that there is no connection.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

You should upgrade both the manager app and Traccar itself. We had a bunch of changes that might be related to your issues.