Icons & Map Zooming

Neil Romig2 years ago

Modern interface Traccar 5.3 - two devices close together. When I zoom out the two icons overlap and eventually merge to show a circle with "2". As expected. If I select one of these devices in the device list then at the moment where the two icons would become a circle they just disappear and I only have a small blue arrow showing the course of the select device.
Would it be possible to either keep displaying the selected device (rather than merge to circle), or show the merged circle?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Please provide a screen recording.

Neil Romig2 years ago

Also, another problem is that if I select a device in the list when the device is "inside" a merge circle, the map will zoom to the location but again only the small course indicator is visible.

Neil Romig2 years ago
Neil Romig2 years ago

Do those files make any sense? I am struggling to get Gnome to make a decent screen recording...

1. Pan - does the device ever show on any zoom level? Have you checked browser console for errors?
  2. Zooming - not sure I understand what the problem is on this video.
Neil Romig2 years ago

Apologies for Gnome's poor screen recording!

1. The device shows when selected and the zoom level high enough that the merge circle is not shown.
    If the zoom level is reduced while the device is selected, the merge circle is not drawn - only the selected device's course indicator is drawn.

2. The issue is really the same for panning and zooming - the device is not drawn, and neither is the merge circle, if a device is selected from the device list at lower zoom levels. If no device is selected or there is no other device close by, then there is no issue.

Please provide the coordinates of your devices.

Neil Romig2 years ago

Not all of them I hope! Here are the two I tried to show above:

50.425927°,-3.595293°
50.425882°,-3.595270°

Neil Romig2 years ago

Thanks. In my line of work devices are quite often very close together!